Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New version of Firefox is very copmplicated

Default New version of Firefox is very copmplicated

Dear all!
    Today I have installed updates, in which a new version of Firefox got updated. This new version of Firefox is very complicated. I want to revert to my previous version of Firefox. Help in this situation is requested very humbly.
    regards to all.
    rss

Default Re: New version of Firefox is very copmplicated

Quote Originally Posted by rss1936 View Post
    Dear all!
    Today I have installed updates, in which a new version of Firefox got updated. This new version of Firefox is very complicated. I want to revert to my previous version of Firefox. Help in this situation is requested very humbly.
    regards to all.
    rss
    You mean you dont like the theme? If so I found this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...themerestorer/
    openSUSE Leap (42.1) 64 bit
    Plasma 5.4

Same problem here, and the theme restorer only worked partially.

Furthermore, the "Adjust" menu item doesn't work at all. A page called "about:customizing" is opened, but unfortunately it's completely blank, plus none of the buttons, etc. could be moved around to another location.

Is there any way to fix this one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Robidu View Post
    Same problem here, and the theme restorer only worked partially.

Furthermore, the "Adjust" menu item doesn't work at all. A page called "about:customizing" is opened, but unfortunately it's completely blank, plus none of the buttons, etc. could be moved around to another location.

Is there any way to fix this one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As far as I know the only solution is to use those custom themes that exist on userstyles, etc. The theme restorer is still a work in progress (as you said) so your only effective way to get rid of this will be to find a theme you like on userstyles.com or write it yourself. Otherwise you will just have to wait. What I have started to do though is just put Firefox in full screen mode, use Tree Style Tabs and Vimperator.
    Plasma 5.4

Sorry minor correction, the site is userstyles.org
    Plasma 5.4

Blog Entries

I read about the 'Classic Theme Restorer' on LXF forum, and gave it a go briefly, but actually all I required was the menu bar back. I invoked that by right-clicking on the tab area, and enabled 'Menu Bar' again. I can live with the icon theme.

To get menu bar back right click on a blanks spot on the tab bar and turn menu back on

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    To get menu bar back right click on a blanks spot on the tab bar and turn menu back on
    These threads could merge: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...26#post2641126
    Leap 42.3 (ext4, KDE Plasma 5.8.7) ~ stable
    Manjaro (ext4, Xfce) ~ rolling updates
    Tumbleweed (ext4, KDE Plasma5) ~ managed updates via "Tumbleweed Snapshots" service.

Dear all!
    regards to all.
    rss
    I would go with the suggestions already made but if you get unsatisfactory results then Firefox 25 is still in the oss repo and versions 26, 27 and 28 are still in the oss-update repository.

Personally, I find the new look in Firefox 29 a long overdue significant improvement.

Blog Entries

Dear all!
    regards to all.
    rss
    Complicated?
    Pretty standard if you ask me.
    In fact, you'll find most browsers stick to a fairly intuitive design that makes them user friendly.

Yes it is possible to roll the update back using the versions tab in the Yast software manager, but I'd not recommend it.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast