Thread: “A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul”

Default “A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul”

-OpenMandriva Lx 2014. After have follow among others Kubuntu from 12.x I have been disappointed on KDE impletations. Opensuse have been the "leader".

I have absolute no, repeat no comment (knowledge) about the backbone of OpenMandriva.

I had a hiccup when installed it in a WM and it demanded at least 15xxMB Ram.

But it does sure look good ? Competition is always interesting.

Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Default Re: “A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul”

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    -OpenMandriva Lx 2014. After have follow among others Kubuntu from 12.x I have been disappointed on KDE impletations. Opensuse have been the "leader".

I have absolute no, repeat no comment (knowledge) about the backbone of OpenMandriva.

I had a hiccup when installed it in a WM and it demanded at least 15xxMB Ram.

But it does sure look good ? Competition is always interesting.

Regards
    Mandriva has resurrected more times than a phoenix. Maybe they should just change the name to that, PhoenixOS.

Will have to take a look at it, but as much as I like French cars (yes, I'm bonkers) I don't grok French software as well as (mostly) German soft. And yes, competition is interesting and improves the breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmovorotin View Post
    Mandriva has resurrected more times than a phoenix. Maybe they should just change the name to that, PhoenixOS.

Will have to take a look at it, but as much as I like French cars (yes, I'm bonkers) I don't grok French software as well as (mostly) German soft. And yes, competition is interesting and improves the breed.
    A sidetrack.

Mr. Karmovorotin.

"Grok"?
    I was reading about 170 pages of Robert A. Heinlein (Stranger in a strange land) and Friday roman yesterday evning. Then James Patterson and "Daniel X: Watch the Skies"
    I Grok yes.

Never mind but strange.

Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

A sidetrack.

Mr. Karmovorotin.

"Grok"?
    I was reading about 170 pages of Robert A. Heinlein (Stranger in a strange land) and Friday roman yesterday evning. Then James Patterson and "Daniel X: Watch the Skies"
    I Grok yes.

Never mind but strange.

Regards.
    Exactly! Grokking is just short/geekish for "understanding".

Found:

Debian KDE

And no, -My post's is not about the best desktop environment.

Regards

Found:

Debian KDE

And no, -My post's is not about the best desktop environment.

Regards
    I don't care much for Debian, it has been troublesome to install and run on all the PCs I have tried and their forums are, to put it mildly, off-putting. Still it is the basis for the most popular distros out there, kudos to them.

Personally I like Mageia more, its a far more promising project that with more users and developers could be a contender.