Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: After KDE 4.13 update weird network plasmoid problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    22

    Default After KDE 4.13 update weird network plasmoid problem

    Hi,

    Yesterday I installed the KDE 4.13 update on the machine of my girlfriend. Everything went smooth, though there's one minor issue.
    After every login the desktop shows a plasmoid saying that the network connection could not be established, but there's nothing wrong with the network. It's not the plasma-nm plasmoid complaining.
    See the screenshot. I can only close the dialog by pressing ESC. I already tried figuring out the name of the plasmoid, but without success. Has anyone an idea? Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: After KDE 4.13 update weird network plasmoid problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jovin View Post
    Yesterday I installed the KDE 4.13 update on the machine of my girlfriend. Everything went smooth, though there's one minor issue.
    After every login the desktop shows a plasmoid saying that the network connection could not be established, but there's nothing wrong with the network. It's not the plasma-nm plasmoid complaining.
    See the screenshot. I can only close the dialog by pressing ESC. I already tried figuring out the name of the plasmoid, but without success. Has anyone an idea? Thanks.
    Well, if it's a plasmoid, I would suggest the following:
    Unlock the widgets (right-click on the desktop), then move the mouse over the plasmoid.
    As soon as you touch it, a handle bar should appear.
    Click on the settings icon (the wrench), or right-click on the plasmoid and choose "Settings".

    This should give you a clue what plasmoid that is I suppose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: After KDE 4.13 update weird network plasmoid problem

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, if it's a plasmoid, I would suggest the following:
    Unlock the widgets (right-click on the desktop), then move the mouse over the plasmoid.
    As soon as you touch it, a handle bar should appear.
    Click on the settings icon (the wrench), or right-click on the plasmoid and choose "Settings".

    This should give you a clue what plasmoid that is I suppose.
    The plasmoid is unclickable. I don't even know if it's one. The handle bar doesn't appear as well.

  4. #4

    Default Re: After KDE 4.13 update weird network plasmoid problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jovin View Post
    The plasmoid is unclickable. I don't even know if it's one. The handle bar doesn't appear as well.
    Hm. TBH, I have never seen something like this, so I have absolutely no idea what it could be.

    Another guess: right-click on the desktop and select "Default Desktop Settings".
    What have you configured there? Maybe something that needs an internet connection (f.e. "Picture of the day")?
    Try to select a simple picture as background. Does it go away?

    Another thing: I have seen/heard about problems with the system tray plasmoid when hiding things.
    Does it appear/disappear when you click on that up-arrow (just left of the clock) to show/hide symbols?

    Since you suspected the plasma-nm plasmoid, I don't see that in your screenshot. Is it activated? Try to deactivate it in the system tray's settings (right-click on the up-arrow to reach them).
    Are you actually using NetworkManager, or rather ifup?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •