Thread: Battery and hdmi problems

Default Battery and hdmi problems

Hi, recently my battery charge wont go above 0%, my laptop is relatively knew so I doubt the battery is dead but when i whent into my bios, it still shut down. My computer will shut down within a minute of unplugging.
    My other issue is ive never gotten the hdmi port working, the laptop just doesnt recognize anything as being plugged in.
    My laptop is a MSI GS70
    I'm running opensuse 13.1 gnome
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ben

Default Re: Battery and hdmi problems

This could be an Optimus system, whats the output of

Code:
    /sbin/lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D"

The output is:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK106M [GeForce GTX 765M] (rev a1)

Quote Originally Posted by bdv252 View Post
    Hi, recently my battery charge wont go above 0%, my laptop is relatively knew so I doubt the battery is dead but when i whent into my bios, it still shut down. My computer will shut down within a minute of unplugging.
    If it shuts down even while in BIOS, it's a battery/circuit/contact problem.

I'd start by measuring the battery voltage - some internet search and a voltmeter would do the trick, if there's charge check the contacts, both in the battery and the laptop - some obstruction, perhaps.

If not, I hope it's still under warranty, as there's not much more you can do AFAIK.

Good look.

Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    If it shuts down even while in BIOS, it's a battery/circuit/contact problem.

I'd start by measuring the battery voltage - some internet search and a voltmeter would do the trick, if there's charge check the contacts, both in the battery and the laptop - some obstruction, perhaps.

If not, I hope it's still under warranty, as there's not much more you can do AFAIK.

Good look.
    Thanks for the help. unfortunately its not under warranty. hoping for just obstruction or a loose connection.
    Thanks
    Ben