Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:

  1. #1

    Default Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:

    I am presently running opensuse 13.1 in virtualbox 4.3 ..I have a HP officejet 8600 plus on my home network. opensuse isn;t able to find it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:

    Quote Originally Posted by jack508 View Post
    I am presently running opensuse 13.1 in virtualbox 4.3 ..I have a HP officejet 8600 plus on my home network. opensuse isn;t able to find it.
    Hi jack508

    Could you please provide more details? (Otherwise people that could help are left to guess.)

    1. Can you successfully ping the printer by its IP address?

    2. Did you try detecting and configuring with the 'hp-setup' utility (as root)? You may need to find manually using the 'Show Advanced Options'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:


  4. #4

    Default Re: Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Hi jack508

    Could you please provide more details? (Otherwise people that could help are left to guess.)

    1. Can you successfully ping the printer by its IP address?

    2. Did you try detecting and configuring with the 'hp-setup' utility (as root)? You may need to find manually using the 'Show Advanced Options'.
    Thank you very much , by entering the IP address of priinter, I was able to intall it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Opensuse 13.1 can't find network printer:

    Quote Originally Posted by jack508 View Post
    Thank you very much , by entering the IP address of priinter, I was able to intall it.
    As I had thought. Thanks for the update.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •