Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm flabbergasted..

Default I'm flabbergasted..

Hi!
    O yes I have been forwarned about the interface on FF (Firefox 29). Now in the reality when I have tested for an hour. I dont like it. It make me confused and reminds me of Crome. I deselect that browser for many years.

"Grumpy old men" may fit on me. I notice another thing and the spelling controll dosen't work. Make my English even worst.

Yes with a spark in my eye

Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm flabbergasted..

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    Hi!
    O yes I have been forwarned about the interface on FF (Firefox 29). Now in the reality when I have tested for an hour. I dont like it. It make me confused and reminds me of Crome. I deselect that browser for many years.

"Grumpy old men" may fit on me. I notice another thing and the spelling controll dosen't work. Make my English even worst.

Yes with a spark in my eye

Regards
    Hi
    Try LuaKit or perhaps otter-browser, there is also SRware-iron? I'm still on Firefox 28 here...
    http://software.opensuse.org/package...ch_term=luakit
    http://software.opensuse.org/package...=otter-browser
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SRWare-Iron%2Blinux%2Bdownload
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I always preferred Seamonkey, it's got a few very small issues with some web sites, but hasn't changed drastically. Plus, I like having my email with it, instead of using a separate email client.
    Desktop : Leap 15.1 | KDE Plasma | AMD Phenom II x6 1035T | 8 GB Memory | Integrated Radeon HD4250 | Ext4
    Laptop: Leap 15.2 | KDE Plasma | Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M 2.6GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 | 8 GB Memory | Ext4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    Now in the reality when I have tested for an hour. I dont like it. It make me confused and reminds me of Crome.
    I updated on Windows (to test something). It looks strange.

Fortunately, I don't use Windows much. I'll wait till the update is in the repos before I find out how bad it is.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post

Fortunately, I don't use Windows much. I'll wait till the update is in the repos before I find out how bad it is.
    All I did was "zypper dup". I do it in every 2-3 days on my desktop. I'm familiar whit the cons. My mainserver and Virtual PC's are not disturbed. "Zypper up" at the most.

Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post

Hi
    You tweaked my interest, so booted up the windows 8.1 machine and let it update, indeed a little different, but like you don't use windows much, but from first looks, wasn't to bad IMHO...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I'm loving it!

I have all the icons on the navigation bar for my most frequently accessed items like Add-ons Manager, Print, Settings, History, and Developer tools along with the default Bookmarks Downloads and Menu icons.. The ones I use less frequently I moved from the Customize panel to the Menu panel, and removed the ones I don't use from the Menu panel to the Customize Panel.

So did those of you that didn't like it take the tour? It starts up offering it, or you can go to Help > Firefox Tour to launch it.

A couple of good articles at tech sites.

Firefox 29 (new interface) released: Find out what is new | gHacks Technology News

Firefox Review

You can see my setup at April 2014 Screenshots
    Desktop: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3 Ghz | 4 GB RAM | GeForce GT 630

Well, it looks like Firefox has been "Chromed".

I don't dislike it. Always liked the cleanliness of Chrome, and the fact that it leaves so much free space for actually browsing. But it's a resource hog and privacy is a chimaera, so I think I'll stick with Firefox.

There's always Midori, or Konqueror for us KDEites.

I forgot to mention Maxthon, but I haven't tried it, heard good things about it though.

Jonte1,

You might want to try this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...storer/?src=ss

WFM!
    I'm just a curious cat
    My 64 bit: CPU AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12 Core GPU MSI Radeon RX5600 XT
    MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast