Unable to launch junglediskdesktop on openSuSE 13.1

Hi,

I tried to install jungledisk :
error: Failed dependencies:
libnotify.so.1()(64bit) is needed by junglediskdesktop-3160-0.x86_64
This I solved with ignoring dependencies, and after getting :
[FONT=courier new]junglediskdesktop: error while loading shared libraries: libnotify.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [/FONT]
I solved this by linking to the existant libnotify… :
[FONT=courier new]ln -s /usr/lib64/libnotify.so.4.0.0 /usr/lib64/libnotify.so.1 [/FONT]
After managing somehow to install, I am getting :
[FONT=courier new]zart:~> junglediskdesktop
Segmentation fault
I am on a fresh install of openSuSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) with KDE 4.11.5.
I also noticed that I get a message in the system log :
866.459491] junglediskdeskt[3435]: segfault at 40 ip 00007f01c624d4d0 sp 00007fff59986540 error 4 in libc-2.18.so[7f01c6155000+[/FONT]1a5000]
I opened a ticket in JungleDisk support Ticket #132743: Unable to launch junglediskdesktop on openSuSE 13.1
I got a rediculious answer recently :

[HR][/HR] JungleDavid (Jungle Disk Support)

Apr 27 11:02 AM            

Hello Hanna,

Thanks for the update!
We are hoping to release a new version of the management client sometime this year but do not have this set in stone.
I do apologize for the inconvenience.
JungleDavid
Jungle Disk Support

[HR][/HR]Can anyone help ?

Thanks,
Hanna

No help unfortunately, just a note that the issue still exists in Jan 2015.

I am considering migrating to duplicity (http://duplicity.nongnu.org/) that works well for me on a server but has no mountable file system.

Hi,

I tried to install jungledisk :
error: Failed dependencies:
libnotify.so.1()(64bit) is needed by junglediskdesktop-3160-0.x86_64
This I solved with ignoring dependencies

you can’t do that.
libnotify.so.1 seams to be an extremely old library for openSUSE 11.4
https://software.opensuse.org/package/libnotify1
that has been depreciated with libnotify4 for newer openSUSE builds
you should ask the jungledisk developers to update their build, do they provide a tar ball that can be reconfigured and recompiled?

you could try mega
https://mega.nz/#sync
they do have a Linux (openSUSE rpm’s too) client, and the free service comes with 50GiB of storage

I’m having the same problem. I ran Jungledisk Desktop 3.16 and previous versions for years (now on 13.2) by setting up the symlinks and ignoring the libnotify.so.1 dependency. However, due to what I suspect is my mistake (accidentally deleted parts of my home drive) I get the segfault every time I try to run it. I’ve tried renaming .jungledisk .junglediskinstance and .com.jungledisk.service.status in the hope that it would run and I’d be able to set it up from scratch but no luck. Not sure where to go from here. :\

I really need this to work so I’ll update this thread if I find anything useful.

Further investigation reveals that it isn’t libnotify.so.1 that is the issue. That is no surprise as I’ve had the symlink to libnotify.so.4 set up for years.

gdb output suggests that libc.so.6 is the cause of the segmentation fault.

“Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb74e9cd5 in __longjmp_chk () from /lib/libc.so.6”

I have version 2.19-16.2.5 which as built on 07 Oct 14. It is odd that this is now causing the problem when I’ve had Jungle Disk working as recently as Jan 15.

More searching to do.