Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: installing goole earth for linux

  1. #1

    Default installing goole earth for linux

    Hi! everyone. I am trying to install Google earth for Linux (rpm package). The command rpm -Uvh package.rpm gives dependency error., as follows :

    error: Failed dependencies:
    lsb >= 3.2 is needed by google-earth-stable-7.1.2.2041-0.x86_64
    I would like to know the required actions for install.
    regards
    rss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,807
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Hi
    By default lsb is not installed AFAIK, so either install via YaST or via zypper
    Code:
    zypper in lsb
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    By default lsb is not installed AFAIK, so either install via YaST or via zypper
    Code:
    zypper in lsb
    Thanks. would lsb version >=3.x (x=2 or so) work with 12.3? kde desktop.
    regards
    rss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,807
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Quote Originally Posted by rss1936 View Post
    Thanks. would lsb version >=3.x (x=2 or so) work with 12.3? kde desktop.
    regards
    rss
    Hi
    The openSUSE 12.3 lsb package is at version 4.0, so should be fine.
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s....3&package=lsb
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Hi! Google earth installed. My system gives message continuously: Notifications - A security trust relationship is not present. Signature verification for Repository google-earth failed.
    Whatis to be done?
    regards
    rss
    custom made pc - P8Z77-VLX mobo; quqad core core in intel cpu; one hdd for windows 7 professional 64 bit;one hdd for opensuse 12.3 64 bit; fire fox browser.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,807
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Hi
    I always remove the at job it creates, the google-earth repository and the cron job it runs in /etc/cron.daily. I prefer to update on my own time schedule and with my control.

    From the command line, try zypper ref command and see if it asks to accept their repo key.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I always remove the at job it creates, the google-earth repository and the cron job it runs in /etc/cron.daily. I prefer to update on my own time schedule and with my control.

    From the command line, try zypper ref command and see if it asks to accept their repo keysted in l.
    malcolmlewis; Many thanks. zypper ref worked

    regards
    rss

    To all opensuse forum users, moderators developers and all those interested in linux in general and open suse in particular the advice malcolmlewis given for googl earth problems was very helpful and I am very obliged and thankful to him.

  8. #8

    Default Re: installing goole earth for linux

    Quote Originally Posted by rss1936 View Post
    malcolmlewis; Many thanks. zypper ref worked

    regards
    rss

    To all opensuse forum users, moderators developers and all those interested in linux in general and open suse in particular the advice malcolmlewis given for googl earth problems was very helpful and I am very obliged and thankful to him.
    Many regards to Mr. malcolmlewis.
    rss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •