Thread: Failed installation, openSUSE not working

Default Failed installation, openSUSE not working

Hi guys,

I tried downloading OpenSUSE and while downloading, it wouldn't go past "automatic configuration". It stayed at 2% and 11% for nearly 24 hours. So I rebooted my computer and restarted the download, only to bump into the same problem. So I rebooted again, and this time I didn't restart the installation, but now my computer doesn't recognise my login and I can't use my computer, because I can not go past the inlog page. What to do now??

Default Re: Failed installation, openSUSE not working

Quote Originally Posted by lola18 View Post
    What to do now??
    Explain exactly what you have done, from the beginning.

What are you downloading, from where, and what with?
    --
    slàinte mhath,
    rayH

~ knowing the right answer is easier than knowing the right question.

Default AW: Failed installation, openSUSE not working

Quote Originally Posted by lola18 View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried downloading OpenSUSE and while downloading, it wouldn't go past "automatic configuration". It stayed at 2% and 11% for nearly 24 hours. So I rebooted my computer and restarted the download, only to bump into the same problem. So I rebooted again, and this time I didn't restart the installation, but now my computer doesn't recognise my login and I can't use my computer, because I can not go past the inlog page. What to do now??
    Do a fresh re-installation, click on "Software" on the installation summary screen and manually select "kernel-firmware" to be installed.
    See also: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthrea...82#post2638482

And if you don't have a floppy drive try to disable it in the BIOS settings. Accessing a non-existing drive can cause long hangs.

Btw, you cannot login because you aborted the installation _before_ any user was created. It's easier to just do a fresh install instead of trying to fix that and all other missing configuration.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 23-Apr-2014 at 12:43.