Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tox Error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Tox Error

    Hi,

    OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE.

    I tried to install Tox from here: https://github.com/Tox/toxic

    But when I try to make, I get:
    Code:
    /src/audio_call.h:8:23: fatal error: tox/toxav.h: No such file or directory
    What goes wrong?
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,104

    Default Re: Tox Error

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:46:01 +0000, riderplus wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE.
    >
    > I tried to install Tox from here: https://github.com/Tox/toxic
    >
    > But when I try to make, I get:
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > /src/audio_call.h:8:23: fatal error: tox/toxav.h: No such file or
    > directory
    >
    > --------------------
    >
    >
    > What goes wrong?


    Well, you're trying to build the application without having met all the
    dependencies for building.

    Try installing it from a repo at software.opensuse.org instead - it looks
    like someone has built it in their home repo, so that might be an option
    to look at for installation.

    Otherwise, you'll need to check the readme file (or whatever
    documentation is included in the source) and see what the dependencies
    are for building and install them.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Tox Error

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:46:01 +0000, riderplus wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE.
    >
    > I tried to install Tox from here: https://github.com/Tox/toxic
    >
    > But when I try to make, I get:
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > /src/audio_call.h:8:23: fatal error: tox/toxav.h: No such file or
    > directory
    >
    > --------------------
    >
    >
    > What goes wrong?


    Well, you're trying to build the application without having met all the
    dependencies for building.

    Try installing it from a repo at software.opensuse.org instead - it looks
    like someone has built it in their home repo, so that might be an option
    to look at for installation.

    Otherwise, you'll need to check the readme file (or whatever
    documentation is included in the source) and see what the dependencies
    are for building and install them.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    Hi Jim,

    I installed it, the problem is that I cannot run it, the file list on yast displays only six files, no binary except for DHT:
    Code:
    tox - Secure decentralized instant messaging application
    /usr/bin/DHT_bootstrap /usr/lib64/libtoxcore.so.0 /usr/lib64/libtoxcore.so.0.0.0 /usr/share/doc/packages/tox /usr/share/doc/packages/tox/COPYING /usr/share/doc/packages/tox/README.md
    How can I possibly run tox?
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,803

    Default Re: Tox Error

    What do you get when you try to run it from the command line?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Tox Error

    Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    What do you get when you try to run it from the command line?
    Thank you for your reply. The thing is, I discovered that I didn't have any interface installed, so I installed toxic and everything looks fine after starting DHT_bootstraping from command line
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •