Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: KDE 4.13 Released

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    150

    Default KDE 4.13 Released

    After adding these two repos:

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    I ran the command: "zypper dup --from KDE413" (KDE413 is what I named one of the two repos), and got 105 problems, such as: "Problem: nothing provides libexiv2.so.13 needed by strigi-0.7.8-91.23.i586". Am I doing something wrong?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Those are the "Factory" repos holding the (in-work) KDE for the NEXT version (13.2) of openSUSE.
    Do not use those repos with 13.1 - many conflicts will occur - and breakage.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    That is not correct.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,743

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Any repo that has factory in the name should be considered unstable

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by pirithous View Post
    After adding these two repos:

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    I ran the command: "zypper dup --from KDE413" (KDE413 is what I named one of the two repos), and got 105 problems, such as: "Problem: nothing provides libexiv2.so.13 needed by strigi-0.7.8-91.23.i586". Am I doing something wrong?
    stay away from the Factory repos.
    There is now a unified KDE repo that will receive the latest update for openSUSE 13.1 when it is ready

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/

    I'm expecting there will be very little difference between KDE 4.12 and 4.13 as the major focus is now on KDE Frameworks 5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    I was going by the email I got from the openSUSE mailing list which said KDE 4.13 was for the most part finalized, and the packages will stay in the Factory repo for a couple of weeks to make sure there are no major issues before moving the packages to the Current repo. I was under the impression that I could use the "dup" option in zypper without getting a bunch of errors.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by pirithous View Post
    I was going by the email I got from the openSUSE mailing list which said KDE 4.13 was for the most part finalized, and the packages will stay in the Factory repo for a couple of weeks to make sure there are no major issues before moving the packages to the Current repo. I was under the impression that I could use the "dup" option in zypper without getting a bunch of errors.
    Factory repo is for . . .

    Factory and Project repositories

    When you encounter a bug in an openSUSE package and you cannot wait for your problem to be solved, there is a good chance that the bug does not appear in a recent version, either because it has been explicitly fixed or because it disappeared by itself. In order to test for this, you can try "bleeding edge" packages built by project developers. In order to get at the most recent version, go to the Software Portal and install the package with the most recent version number.


    Warning Those packages are unsupported and may introduce further bugs that may corrupt or destroy your data, so use caution and back up often!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bari (Italy)
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Scheduled 25 Apr on the Kde:Current repo:
    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-k.../msg00105.html

  9. #9

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by pirithous View Post
    After adding these two repos:

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    I ran the command: "zypper dup --from KDE413" (KDE413 is what I named one of the two repos), and got 105 problems, such as: "Problem: nothing provides libexiv2.so.13 needed by strigi-0.7.8-91.23.i586". Am I doing something wrong?
    Those URLs are for openSUSE Factory, but you are running 13.1. That's why you get conflicts/missing dependencies.

    Use the URLs for 13.1 instead:
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../openSUSE_13.1
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...istro_Factory/

    But please note, that KDE:Distro:Factory will be removed for 13.1 as soon as KDE 4.13 is available in KDE:Current.
    So you will have to change the repos again in about a week.

    So you might as well just add KDE:Current and KDE:Extra for KDE:Current, and wait another week for 4.13 to appear there.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 18-Apr-2014 at 03:41.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: KDE 4.13 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Those URLs are for openSUSE Factory, but you are running 13.1. That's why you get conflicts/missing dependencies.

    Use the URLs for 13.1 instead:
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../openSUSE_13.1
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...istro_Factory/

    But please note, that KDEistro:Factory will be removed for 13.1 as soon as KDE 4.13 is available in KDE:Current.
    So you will have to change the repos again in about a week.

    So you might as well just add KDE:Current and KDE:Extra for KDE:Current, and wait another week for 4.13 to appear there.
    I added those repos yesterday, but the packages hadn't been updated yet. Now they are, but I am still getting errors in zypper when running "dup".

    Code:
    linux-04hg:/home/pirithous # zypper dup --from KDE413
    Retrieving repository 'Packman Repository' metadata .....................................................[done]
    Building repository 'Packman Repository' cache ..........................................................[done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Computing distribution upgrade...
    3 Problems:
    Problem: python-kde4-soprano-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64 requires python-kde4 = 4.11.5, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: NetworkManager-kde4-libs-lang-0.9.0.10-2.8.1.noarch requires NetworkManager-kde4-libs = 0.9.0.10, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: python-kde4-nepomuk-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64 requires libnepomuk.so.4()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    
    Problem: python-kde4-soprano-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64 requires python-kde4 = 4.11.5, but this requirement cannot be provided
     Solution 1: deinstallation of python-kde4-soprano-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64
     Solution 2: keep obsolete python-kde4-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64
     Solution 3: keep obsolete python-kde4-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64
     Solution 4: break python-kde4-soprano-4.11.5-304.3.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/3/4/s/r/c] (c):

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •