remote desktop and dictionary

Hello,

look for a dictionary, no problem, but i dont know the packages to install for more language packs offline, GUI, KDE at least, german - english is okay, more would be better. mate dictionary 1.6, several languages, online i guess, didnt works - error:

Error while looking up definition

No definitions found for 'hallo'

Is there any remote desktop on terminal or GUI, Linux to Linux, through internet, and an instruction?

Look for the myspell dictionaries in YaST.

hunspell -D

shows the ones you have installed.
Enter Ctrl C after this command as there is a bug in it which means it does not exit properly after displaying its results.

okay thanks

if youre interested, this is the output

SEARCH PATH:
.::/usr/share/hunspell:/usr/share/myspell:/usr/share/myspell/dicts:/Library/Spelling:/home/veronika/.openoffice.org/3/user/wordbook:.openoffice.org2/user/wordbook:.openoffice.org2.0/user/wordbook:Library/Spelling:/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.0/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org/basis3.0/share/dict/ooo:/opt/openoffice.org2.4/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.4/share/dict/ooo:/opt/openoffice.org2.3/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.3/share/dict/ooo:/opt/openoffice.org2.2/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.2/share/dict/ooo:/opt/openoffice.org2.1/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.1/share/dict/ooo:/opt/openoffice.org2.0/share/dict/ooo:/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/share/dict/ooo
AVAILABLE DICTIONARIES (path is not mandatory for -d option):
/usr/share/myspell/en_US
/usr/share/myspell/de_DE
LOADED DICTIONARY:
/usr/share/myspell/de_DE.aff
/usr/share/myspell/de_DE.dic
Hunspell 1.3.2

i really want to use mate dictionary but there is no offline dictionary to be found there

edit
and not to above. please no links to other threads from me.

I am not sure what you want; you say ‘offline dictionary’ which to me means a dictionary on your computer - apart from myspell, there is aspell and ispell but myspell is the most common one.

You can add as many languages as each dictionary supports by using YaST>Software Management.

ok

i need a translator, yes this was what i mean.

If you want a translator rather than a dictionary, this is normally done online. You don’t have to install anything. Just open a browser.

Each of the major search engines support both website and document translation, eg
http://translate.google.com/
http://translation.babylon.com/
(Note that Babylon installed locally is Windows Only)
http://www.bing.com/translator

If you’re a software developer, widgets that expose an API to various online translators are generally available but most have restrictions and/or not free to use.
If you’re looking for an offline translator, which means software that is installed locally on your machine, I haven’t found any free, open source projects that can do the job as well as the online translators (that I’ve found). For many, the simple problem is that no public databases of translations are generally as good because of the complexity of idioms and native phraseology.

HTH,
TSU