Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Won't print landscape from any browser.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,015

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-04-28 16:36, jonte1 wrote:
    >
    > Quick check and what I fond was time to time about Linux and not being
    > able to print in landscape. Bugzilla would be overwhelmed whit reports.


    That's not the issue in this thread. LughClyde is having problems
    printing from a Chromebook via "Google Cloud Print" to a Linux machine.
    Printing directly from that Linux machine works for him.

    So please don't jump in just blaming Linux.

    > Something is broken. Quite many years has passed. No solution is in
    > sight. Who to blame?


    It works for me.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))
    Hmm Interesting. Ostrich syndrome? It is a very large problem with printing in Linux landscape orientation. Rely on basic Linux. There are applications/programs that correct this. Not always successful.

    I'm not to shy to bring up this problem. Lets say that its working in "Win". Every time. Why doesn’t it work in Linux then? Give it a quick search and Bugzilla have been notified for some years despite dist.

    Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    On 2014-04-29 12:16, jonte1 wrote:

    > I'm not to shy to bring up this problem. Lets say that its working in
    > "Win". Every time. Why doesn’t it work in Linux then? Give it a quick
    > search and Bugzilla have been notified for some years despite dist.


    Again. The OP PRINTS OK in LINUX!


    THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!


    Please try to read things carefully and do not jump to the wrong
    conclusions.

    If you or somebody else has problems with printing landscape in Linux,
    create your own new thread, do not hijack this one.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,015

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-04-29 12:16, jonte1 wrote:

    > I'm not to shy to bring up this problem. Lets say that its working in
    > "Win". Every time. Why doesn’t it work in Linux then? Give it a quick
    > search and Bugzilla have been notified for some years despite dist.


    Again. The OP PRINTS OK in LINUX!


    THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!


    Please try to read things carefully and do not jump to the wrong
    conclusions.

    If you or somebody else has problems with printing landscape in Linux,
    create your own new thread, do not hijack this one.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))
    The problem is a lack of.. Please dont use uppecase letters, -if I'm deaf my computer will scream out. Hijack? Your opinion.

    +to you that you dont a problem. Others have.

    Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,076

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:36:02 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    [...]

    Both of you, knock it off. None of this yelling between the two of you
    is helping the OP.

    Keep it friendly and on-topic. Consider this a warning to you both.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,015

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:36:02 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    [...]

    Both of you, knock it off. None of this yelling between the two of you
    is helping the OP.

    Keep it friendly and on-topic. Consider this a warning to you both.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    Ok.

    Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    On 2014-04-29 19:23, Jim Henderson wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:36:02 +0000, jonte1 wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Both of you, knock it off. None of this yelling between the two of you
    > is helping the OP.


    I use using emphasis, not yelling. But ok, I'll withdraw, if I can not
    make myself understood. Waste of time for me and the OP. Sorry.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  7. #27

    Lightbulb Re: Won't print landscape from any browser.

    Hi all

    I just created an account here to ask if this is related to the issue described here. It seems to be Google's back-end more than our own OS setups.

    If so, please add a comment to that thread or star it so Google will raise the issue further.

    Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •