Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

  1. #1

    Default Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    So I had a look at the information on bitcoind and qt and the install info is only for Ubuntu and Debian, when I run sudo ./configure it tells me if the components are installed such as gcc, c++, etc. I checked Yast and all the components its lists are installed on my openSUSE 13.1 but it says they aren't. (shrug)

    And the 4 or 5 people who have been updating it on the software site haven't updated their v0.9.0 yet.

    So I am at a loss, I also checked out the mailing list and well I have had more luck at finding help for things here on this forum than through the mailing list...strange.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    On 2014-04-12 02:46, aenglish wrote:
    >
    > So I had a look at the information on bitcoind and qt and the install
    > info is only for Ubuntu and Debian, when I run sudo ./configure it tells
    > me if the components are installed such as gcc, c++, etc. I checked Yast
    > and all the components its lists are installed on my openSUSE 13.1 but
    > it says they aren't. (shrug)


    You know that if "configure" says that package "foo" is needed, and YaST
    says that "foo" is installed, that in fact you need to add "foo-devel"?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,157

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    You should of course NOT run ./configure as root. Likewise you must not run the make phase as root. Only the install phase is needed to be run as root.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-04-12 02:46, aenglish wrote:
    >
    > So I had a look at the information on bitcoind and qt and the install
    > info is only for Ubuntu and Debian, when I run sudo ./configure it tells
    > me if the components are installed such as gcc, c++, etc. I checked Yast
    > and all the components its lists are installed on my openSUSE 13.1 but
    > it says they aren't. (shrug)


    You know that if "configure" says that package "foo" is needed, and YaST
    says that "foo" is installed, that in fact you need to add "foo-devel"?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
    This is what happens when I run sudo ./configure (if I don't use sudo it tells me command not found).

    checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
    checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
    checking whether make supports nested variables... no
    checking for g++... no
    checking for c++... no
    checking for gpp... no
    checking for aCC... no
    checking for CC... no
    checking for cxx... no
    checking for cc++... no
    checking for cl.exe... no
    checking for FCC... no
    checking for KCC... no
    checking for RCC... no
    checking for xlC_r... no
    checking for xlC... no
    checking whether the C++ compiler works... no
    configure: error: in `/home/aenglish/bitcoin-0.9.1':
    configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
    See `config.log' for more details

    I checked c++ an everything in Yast including devel is installed yet it says "no". It also goes for g++ and the others.



    Thanks,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    On 2014-04-12 13:56, aenglish wrote:

    > This is what happens when I run sudo ./configure (if I don't use sudo it
    > tells me command not found).


    Where exactly did you download the package from?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    Hi
    You can grab the 0.9.0 version from the 'Network' repository for 13.1;
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/bitcoin

    I do note it's up to 0.9.1 now, but looking here it's just a minor update (click on the ... to see);
    https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-04-12 13:56, aenglish wrote:

    > This is what happens when I run sudo ./configure (if I don't use sudo it
    > tells me command not found).


    Where exactly did you download the package from?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
    The source can be found here!

    https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.9.1/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    You can grab the 0.9.0 version from the 'Network' repository for 13.1;
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/bitcoin

    I do note it's up to 0.9.1 now, but looking here it's just a minor update (click on the ... to see);
    https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases
    https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.9.1

    "This is a maintenance release to fix an urgent security vulnerability (CVE-2014-0160); all users should upgrade." I would have to say your comment about 0.9.1 having a minor update is not entirely correct!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    On Sat 12 Apr 2014 06:56:01 PM CDT, aenglish wrote:


    malcolmlewis;2636553 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > You can grab the 0.9.0 version from the 'Network' repository for 13.1;
    > http://software.opensuse.org/package/bitcoin
    >
    > I do note it's up to 0.9.1 now, but looking here it's just a minor
    > update (click on the ... to see);
    > https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases


    https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.9.1

    "This is a maintenance release to fix an urgent security vulnerability
    (CVE-2014-0160); all users should upgrade." I would have to say your
    comment about 0.9.1 having a minor update is not entirely correct!


    Hi
    IMHO, yes it is a trivial one, that's because it's built against
    libopenssl, this occurs automagically on OBS.

    If your running one of their pre-compiled versions, for sure (but you
    wouldn't be using an openSUSE one then...).

    All they did is change the version number to the g version as a
    build dependency (the openSUSE version is already fixed).

    So, would you like me to push the updated version I spent the last few
    hours building/updating, or should I just leave you to it?
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...etwork/bitcoin

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  10. #10

    Default Re: Bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt v0.9.1 - openSUSE 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    IMHO, yes it is a trivial one, that's because it's built against
    libopenssl, this occurs automagically on OBS.

    If your running one of their pre-compiled versions, for sure (but you
    wouldn't be using an openSUSE one then...).

    All they did is change the version number to the g version as a
    build dependency (the openSUSE version is already fixed).

    So, would you like me to push the updated version I spent the last few
    hours building/updating, or should I just leave you to it?
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...etwork/bitcoin

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!
    Sorry when I look here "http://software.opensuse.org/package/bitcoin" which is where I have been doing the one click install to my openSUSE 13.1 I don't see your Bitcoin v0.9.1 listed.

    So how do I download it from your link?

    Thanks for compiling it,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •