Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: opensuse 12.2 and ssh heartbleed.

josephkk NNTP User

Default Re: opensuse 12.2 and ssh heartbleed.

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:06:01 GMT, karlijos
    <karlijos@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
    >Hi,
    >thanks for answer. Yes, I did:
    >rpm -qa | grep ssl
    >libopenssl-devel-1.0.1e-1.46.2.x86_64
    >openssl-1.0.1e-1.46.2.x86_64
    >libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.1e-1.46.2.x86_64
    >libopenssl1_0_0-32bit-1.0.1e-1.46.2.x86_64
    >
    >zypper lr openssl::heartbleed
    >Alias : openssl::heartbleed
    >
    >Name : openssl::heartbleed
    >
    >URI : http://tinyurl.com/kml3z26
    >Enabled : Yes
    >
    >Priority : 99
    >
    >Auto-refresh : Off
    >
    >Keep Packages : Off
    >
    >Type : rpm-md
    >
    >GPG Check : On
    >
    >GPG Key URI :
    >
    >Path Prefix :
    >
    >Parent Service :
    >
    >MD Cache Path : /var/cache/zypp/raw/openssl::heartbleed
    >
    >Still no progress. Or the test command is not right ? How do you test it
    >?
    >Thanks
    >J.K.

Available by starting here:

< https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA14-098A >

HTH

?-)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Yes, the packages in there are built for Factory, i.e. the testing branch of the next openSUSE version.

Also it is in fact the development repo for Factory, so the packages in there might break at any time.

And finally, the latest openssl packages might not be fully compatible to the ones shipped with 12.2 which would break _all_ your software that uses them.
    There is a reason why new versions of software are normally not released as official updates, only backported fixes.

Why don't you just want to use the 12.2 packages that I pointed to?
    Again, those are the same as the 12.3 update, but built for 12.2.
    Thanks, I didn't know that build is for development, I used it few times, when opensuse package searching offered me a package in that repo. I disable it and use "official"
    Thanks and best regards

J.Karliak.

Quote Originally Posted by karlijos View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that build is for development, I used it few times, when opensuse package searching offered me a package in that repo. I disable it and use "official"
    Thanks and best regards
    Well, my main point was that you should not install packages built for Factory (or any other version different than the one you use) on your system.
    And you should NEVER click on a 1-click install for a different version, as that will add that version's standard repos. So when you install updates the next time you might get a mixture of different openSUSE versions which will break your whole system.

If possible, stick to packages/repos that are built for your openSUSE version.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, my main point was that you should not install packages built for Factory (or any other version different than the one you use) on your system.
    And you should NEVER click on a 1-click install for a different version, as that will add that version's standard repos. So when you install updates the next time you might get a mixture of different openSUSE versions which will break your whole system.

If possible, stick to packages/repos that are built for your openSUSE version.
    Hi,
    I never install 1-click installation on server or for another version of course. If I use build service, I'm looking for my version. Or I use sometimes src.rpm from another version and rebuild it for my version.

And - package manager tells when somebody wants to install package with lost dependecies - when somebody force install package with broken dependecies - he deserve the problems

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345