Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4

    Default YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

    Hi,
    I have openSUSE 13.1 64bit Gnome edition.
    I installed Turkish language by using Yast and after I turn it to Turkish by Gnome settings.
    After all Yast modules don't start and it uses max cpu. But when I turn the language to English, the modules start normally.

    intel core duo 2 2.13Ghz pro.
    4Gb of ram
    Geforce Nvidia gt 240m graphics

    What's your offers? (sorry my terrible english )

  2. #2

    Default Re: YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

    I have a guess.

    It is unlikely that all the data for X languages is included
    when openSUSE is installed for English language.

    So if after the installation, you select another language than English
    using YaST, that may not lead to anything good,
    because language-specific files/data may be missing within your
    once installed version openSUSE.

    Couldn't you try to re-install openSUSE,
    but then choose Turkish language already during the installation ?

    Good luck
    Mike

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

    On 2014-04-09 00:56, ratzi wrote:
    >
    > I have a guess.
    >
    > It is unlikely that all the data for X languages is included
    > when openSUSE is installed for English language.


    Sigh... I do not have the original post, it is missing on the nntp side.
    So, guessing from your answer about the question, made me look on the
    web side :-)

    So, soztrk said:

    >> Hi,
    >> I have openSUSE 13.1 64bit Gnome edition.
    >> I installed Turkish language by using Yast and after I turn it to Turkish by Gnome settings.
    >> After all Yast modules don't start and it uses max cpu. But when I turn the language to English, the modules start normally.


    Ok, in 13.1, YaST is translated to Turkish by just 42%, and those apps
    for which openSUSE is upstream, about 52%.

    Source:
    http://i18n.opensuse.org/stats/openS...1/tr/index.php

    Then, what of that is included on the installation?

    Most of the not-large application contain all languages in the package.
    Some contain only English on the basic package, and the rest of the
    languages come in a common separate package for all languages. Some
    large applications have a separate package for each language.

    yast is of the third type, and Turkish translations come in yast2-trans-tr.

    You need to go to yast, click on the "languages" module, and select
    additional languages, or change the primary language. If you then start
    the yast package manager, you should get bunch of extra language
    packages to download.


    If you install from the KDE or GNOME lives, regardless of your language
    choices, nothing changes during the initial install. You have to wait
    till the first update to get your extra languages installed.

    In fact, during installation from the lives you also get some "popular"
    languages installed even if you do not want them. You have no choice in
    the matter, you have to remove them later as well, if so you wish.


    That said: if the language packs are installed and updated, and after
    selecting your preferred language, you observe increased CPU load, or
    some other abnormality, report that issue in Bugzilla against the
    package that shows the extra CPU load - even if the translation is
    incomplete.


    (If the translation is incomplete, that's not a bug, but lack of
    sufficient volunteer translators).


    > So if after the installation, you select another language than English
    > using YaST, that may not lead to anything good,
    > because language-specific files/data may be missing within your
    > once installed version openSUSE.


    The worst that should happen is that the application remains displaying
    English. If they work abnormally, that's a bug.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

    Hi again,
    thanks all you
    yes, the language packs are installed by yast and updated by zypper.

    First I change the available yast launch command - /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 -
    The new is LC_ALL=C xdg-su -u root -c /sbin/yast2
    by that command yast launched and its modules work properly(no max cpu load) but except Turkish language, launch in English.(that is not a problem for me)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: YAST2 modules don't start in Turkish language

    On 2014-04-09 03:16, soztrk wrote:
    >
    > Hi again,
    > thanks all you
    > yes, the language packs are installed by yast and updated by zypper.
    >
    > First I change the available yast launch command - /usr/bin/xdg-su -c
    > /sbin/yast2 -
    > The new is LC_ALL=C xdg-su -u root -c /sbin/yast2
    > by that command yast launched and its modules work properly(no max cpu
    > load) but except Turkish language, launch in English.(that is not a
    > problem for me)


    Then please report in Bugzilla.

    openSUSE:Submitting bug
    reports


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •