Wireshark segfault opening geoip window

Help.

I would like to use the GeoIP feature of Wireshark. However when I go to Wireshark preferences -> Name Resolution -> GeoIP database directories and hit edit a dialog opens up. That dialog is supposed to allow you to pick a directory for where the GeoIP databases reside. When I select New, a drop down opens with options to start navigating to a directory. Any option I pick segfaults Wireshark completely.

/var/log/messages lists:
kernel: 4992.727262] wireshark[12568]: segfault at 30 ip 00007fbb799e8035 sp 00007fffab300460 error 4 in libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.22[7fbb797dc000+431000]

I am running opensuse 13.1, KDE.

Can anyone else duplicate this or is it only my configuration? Do you know of a way around?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I still do not know why it segfaults when I try to set a path, but I found the workaround.
I made a directory for the geoip directories and went to http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/ for the databases. Expand the files.
In your .wireshark directory create a text file called geoip_db_paths. The only line you need to include in that file is the path to your geoip files in quotes.

That provides the manual configuration for wireshark.