Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

  1. #1

    Default 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    I'm trying to get the 02Micro SD card reader working on Dell Precision M4800, FHD Screen, 2.7 GHz with openSUSE 13.1 KDE

    I had a look to many post on web but still I'm not able to solve this issue

    does someone has any suggestion to solve it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
    I'm trying to get the 02Micro SD card reader working on Dell Precision M4800, FHD Screen, 2.7 GHz with openSUSE 13.1 KDE

    I had a look to many post on web but still I'm not able to solve this issue

    does someone has any suggestion to solve it?
    Hi
    Is this a USB device or part of the laptop? What size device are you trying to read?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Is this a USB device or part of the laptop? What size device are you trying to read?
    is integrated in the laptop, I've tried 2 Gb, 8 GB, 64 GB SD cards

    fuse-exfat is installed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
    is integrated in the laptop, I've tried 2 Gb, 8 GB, 64 GB SD cards

    fuse-exfat is installed
    Hi
    Can you show the output from the following command;
    Code:
    /sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A3 SD
    It is enabled in the BIOS?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Can you show the output from the following command;
    Code:
    /sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A3 SD
    It is enabled in the BIOS?
    Hi malcom,

    MMC is enabled in the BIOS,

    here is the output of the command:

    /sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A3 SD
    09:00.0 SD Host controller [0805]: O2 Micro, Inc. Device [1217:8520] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:05cc]
    Kernel modules: sdhci_pci

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    On Wed 26 Mar 2014 07:26:01 AM CDT, cicerone wrote:


    malcolmlewis;2633046 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > Can you show the output from the following command;
    > >

    Code:
    --------------------
    > >

    > /sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A3 SD
    >

    --------------------
    > >

    > It is enabled in the BIOS?


    Hi malcom,

    MMC is enabled in the BIOS,

    here is the output of the command:

    /sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A3 SD
    09:00.0 SD Host controller [0805]: O2 Micro, Inc. Device [1217:8520]
    (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:05cc]
    Kernel modules: sdhci_pci


    Hi
    OK, so it's detected ok If you plug in the 2GB SD card and the run
    the commands dmesg and lsblk do you see the device appear?
    Code:
    dmesg
    lsblk
    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  7. #7

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    OK, so it's detected ok If you plug in the 2GB SD card and the run
    the commands dmesg and lsblk do you see the device appear?
    Code:
    dmesg
    lsblk
    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

    Hi malcom

    sorry, I was wrong, the 2GB is a 512 MB SD...

    with the two command the sd card is not appearing in dolphin or device notifier

    same for the 8 GB SDHC

    the lsblk command show the same output:

    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda 8:0 0 465,8G 0 disk
    ├─sda1 8:1 0 2G 0 part [SWAP]
    └─sda2 8:2 0 463,8G 0 part /
    sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom

    the dmesg output

    is very long...

    if you need a part of it, please let me know

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
    Hi malcom

    sorry, I was wrong, the 2GB is a 512 MB SD...

    with the two command the sd card is not appearing in dolphin or device notifier

    same for the 8 GB SDHC

    the lsblk command show the same output:

    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda 8:0 0 465,8G 0 disk
    ├─sda1 8:1 0 2G 0 part [SWAP]
    └─sda2 8:2 0 463,8G 0 part /
    sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom

    the dmesg output

    is very long...

    if you need a part of it, please let me know
    Hi
    Just the last maybe 20 lines after you plus the smallest SD card in.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Just the last maybe 20 lines after you plus the smallest SD card in.
    here is the last part of dmesg:

    24.374970] ACPI Warning: \_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM: Argument #4 type mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package] (20130517/nsarguments-95)
    [ 24.386466] pci_raw_set_power_state: 81 callbacks suppressed
    [ 24.386469] pci 0000:01:00.0: Refused to change power state, currently in D0
    [ 24.687033] pci 0000:01:00.0: power state changed by ACPI to D3cold
    [ 25.848283] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: irq 47 for MSI/MSI-X
    [ 25.948889] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: irq 47 for MSI/MSI-X
    [ 25.948982] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): em1: link is not ready
    [ 26.071972] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.16
    [ 26.071981] NET: Registered protocol family 31
    [ 26.071982] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 26.071988] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 26.071989] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 26.071992] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
    [ 26.072942] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [ 26.072944] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [ 26.072947] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
    [ 27.434911] e1000e: em1 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
    [ 27.434915] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 em1: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO
    [ 27.434942] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): em1: link becomes ready
    [ 27.447659] NET: Registered protocol family 17
    [ 29.095538] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=430 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=390
    [ 29.139761] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=258 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=218
    [ 29.346131] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=430 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=390
    [ 29.596686] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=430 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=390
    [ 29.797275] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=400 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=360
    [ 49.875471] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=84 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=44
    [ 58.583611] fuse init (API version 7.22)
    [ 73.888871] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=84 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=44
    [ 86.259343] dell_wmi: Received unknown WMI event (0x0)
    [ 105.909636] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=84 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=44
    [ 169.898791] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=84 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=44
    [ 297.925355] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=em1 OUT= MAC= SRC=fe80:0000:0000:0000:eef4:bbff:fe11:87b0 DST=ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fb LEN=84 TC=0 HOPLIMIT=255 FLOWLBL=0 PROTO=UDP SPT=5353 DPT=5353 LEN=44

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 02Micro, Inc - SD card reader

    On Wed 26 Mar 2014 01:36:01 PM CDT, cicerone wrote:


    malcolmlewis;2633149 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > Just the last maybe 20 lines after you plus the smallest SD card in.


    here is the last part of dmesg:

    <snip dmesg output>
    Hi
    Hmmm, so nothing there, can you post the output from;

    Code:
    lsmod |grep mmc
    Then as root user run the following command and then plug in the sd
    card;
    Code:
    udevadm monitor
    There should be 'add' device lines appear when the sd card is inserted.


    Also when posting text output can you please add code tags around the
    output (it's the # button)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •