Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

  1. #1

    Default attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

    I logged into the forum via the attachmate.com login page using the Register/Login link. The forum apparently thinks I have a different password than the attachmate one because it will not allow me to change the email address on my account to my new one and I can't do a "forgot password" because it will get sent to the old email which is no longer active. Obviously I'm posting under my account so I WAS able to login with a password I know so how do I get the forum account adjusted?
    Fa/\/\e\/\/olf

    "There is no music here. There is no laughter. There is no joy here, in my here after." -- FW

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 03:36:01 +0000, famewolf wrote:

    > I logged into the forum via the attachmate.com login page using the
    > Register/Login link. The forum apparently thinks I have a different
    > password than the attachmate one because it will not allow me to change
    > the email address on my account to my new one and I can't do a "forgot
    > password" because it will get sent to the old email which is no longer
    > active. Obviously I'm posting under my account so I WAS able to login
    > with a password I know so how do I get the forum account adjusted?


    The e-mail address in the forums needs to be changed by our technical
    admin - click the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page to get the
    request to him.

    The information needed is outlined in the forums FAQ.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 03:36:01 +0000, famewolf wrote:

    > I logged into the forum via the attachmate.com login page using the
    > Register/Login link. The forum apparently thinks I have a different
    > password than the attachmate one because it will not allow me to change
    > the email address on my account to my new one and I can't do a "forgot
    > password" because it will get sent to the old email which is no longer
    > active. Obviously I'm posting under my account so I WAS able to login
    > with a password I know so how do I get the forum account adjusted?


    The e-mail address in the forums needs to be changed by our technical
    admin - click the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page to get the
    request to him.

    The information needed is outlined in the forums FAQ.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

    I sent the webmaster a message via the "contact us" form on the 23rd. As of 2:30am on the 29th I've heard nothing back. Is there someone else that can sync the password so I can get thread notifications?
    Fa/\/\e\/\/olf

    "There is no music here. There is no laughter. There is no joy here, in my here after." -- FW

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 06:26:01 +0000, famewolf wrote:

    > I sent the webmaster a message via the "contact us" form on the 23rd. As
    > of 2:30am on the 29th I've heard nothing back. Is there someone else
    > that can sync the password so I can get thread notifications?


    I'll ping Kim on Monday and see that this gets taken care of - apologies
    for the delay.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: attachmate and opensuse forums not in sync?

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 06:26:01 +0000, famewolf wrote:

    > I sent the webmaster a message via the "contact us" form on the 23rd. As
    > of 2:30am on the 29th I've heard nothing back. Is there someone else
    > that can sync the password so I can get thread notifications?


    Kim said he wrote back to you that the address was changed on the 24th -
    you should be in good shape for this. If you have any problems, hit the
    "contact us" link and let him know there's still an issue, and what the
    issue is that you're still seeing.

    Thanks,

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •