Thread: PulseAudio + Packman Equalizer

Hybrid View

Default PulseAudio + Packman Equalizer

I don't have an issue with getting the equalizer to work, I got that.

However, with the director installed, when I reboot my computer Pulseaudio (the entire service) will not run, saying that it cannot load the daemon and cookie file.

When I delete the .pulse/presets in my username director, everything gets restored but than the equalizer won't work.

How can I have both working?

I followed the instructions here: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthrea...-equalizer-gui
    Got the Package from here: http://packman.links2linux.org/packa...ualizer/442649

My console after installing the equalizer and making directories:

Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk
    Getting settings...
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets’: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: No such file or directory
    sed: couldn't flush stdout: Broken pipe
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: No such file or directory
    ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/*.preset: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted’: No such file or directory
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 535, in <module>
    Equalizer()
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 357, in __init__
    GetSettings()
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 46, in GetSettings
    f = open(eqconfig, "r")
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc'
    Getting settings...
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: Permission denied
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
    ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/*.preset: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: Permission denied
    rm: cannot remove ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted’: No such file or directory
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 535, in <module>
    Equalizer()
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 357, in __init__
    GetSettings()
    File "/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 46, in GetSettings
    f = open(eqconfig, "r")
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc'
    Getting settings...
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: Permission denied
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
    /usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: Permission denied
    Equalizer()
    GetSettings()
    f = open(eqconfig, "r")
    Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> mkdir ~/.pulse/presets
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets’: No such file or directory
    Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> mkdir -p ~/.pulse/presets
    Getting settings...

I don't have the one for pulseaudio not working, but could always restart PC

Blog Entries

Default Re: PulseAudio + Packman Equalizer

On Thu 20 Mar 2014 07:16:05 PM CDT, Namyrolis wrote:

I don't have an issue with getting the equalizer to work, I got that.

However, with the director installed, when I reboot my computer
    Pulseaudio (the entire service) will not run, saying that it cannot load
    the daemon and cookie file.

When I delete the .pulse/presets in my username director, everything
    gets restored but than the equalizer won't work.

How can I have both working?
    Hi
    What is Director?

Hmmm, why the permissions issues? Can you check the ~/.pulse ownership
    it should be your username:users.

--
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

director is directory.

like I said I can get it to work, but with system reboot pulse audio will not start unless I delete the directory I made to get the equalizer to work.

This is in 13.1 KDE

I do have the pulse audio control package installed as well.

as far as permission maybe cause I use a different password for root. I can check when I get home.

Don't have a solution but I also so problems with the pulse equalizer removed it and deleted the files in the . pulse drectory to get pulse back. I think the package is broken. I was just playing and really have no need of it so i did not investigate or report it on bugzilla. It may be that it is a packman package so it may be needed to report it there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Don't have a solution but I also so problems with the pulse equalizer removed it and deleted the files in the . pulse drectory to get pulse back. I think the package is broken. I was just playing and really have no need of it so i did not investigate or report it on bugzilla. It may be that it is a packman package so it may be needed to report it there.
    Hi
    I'm the packager and maintainer It's so old in the tooth, might be time to drop it....
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I'm the packager and maintainer It's so old in the tooth, might be time to drop it....
    For your sins... Does "old in the tooth" mean that the program has received no maintenance in years?
    Leap 42.3 (ext4, KDE Plasma 5.8.7) ~ stable
    Manjaro (ext4, Xfce) ~ rolling updates
    Tumbleweed (ext4, KDE Plasma5) ~ managed updates via "Tumbleweed Snapshots" service.

Ok this is what i get in reboot under user

Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> pulseaudio
    E: [pulseaudio] module-ladspa-sink.c: Master sink not found
    E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-ladspa-sink" (argument: "sink_name=ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_07.0.analog-surround-51 plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=-4.5,-8.1,-8.9,-8.5,-8.0,-6.0,0.0,1.5,2.5,2.7,3.2,3.3,5.8,6.4,6.4"): initialization failed.
    E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
    E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

If I got SU, it give me more detail:

linux-pxlw:/home/Namyrolis # pulseaudio
    W: [pulseaudio] main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is specified).
    E: [pulseaudio] module-jackdbus-detect.c: Unable to contact D-Bus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jackdbus-detect" (argument: "channels=2"): initialization failed.
    E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
    W: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Blog Entries

On Fri 21 Mar 2014 01:56:01 PM CDT, consused wrote:

malcolmlewis;2631791 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > I'm the packager and maintainer It's so old in the tooth, might be
    > time to drop it....

For your sins... Does "old in the tooth" mean that the program has
    received no maintenance in years?

Hi
    Correct, not for a few years. Since gstreamer is a 1.x now..... It
    works for some, not others...

I do see this article here;
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/03/insta...in-system.html

--
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop

You may want to explore veromix if using KDE. It's a KDE Widget. It has effect
    plugins that you can add to any stream/device. Including equalizer.