PulseAudio + Packman Equalizer

I don’t have an issue with getting the equalizer to work, I got that.

However, with the director installed, when I reboot my computer Pulseaudio (the entire service) will not run, saying that it cannot load the daemon and cookie file.

When I delete the .pulse/presets in my username director, everything gets restored but than the equalizer won’t work.

How can I have both working?

I followed the instructions here: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/484263-pulseaudio-equalizer-gui
Got the Package from here: http://packman.links2linux.org/package/pulseaudio-equalizer/442649

My console after installing the equalizer and making directories:

Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk
Getting settings…
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: No such file or directory
sed: couldn’t flush stdout: Broken pipe
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/.preset: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted’: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 535, in <module>
Equalizer()
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 357, in init
GetSettings()
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 46, in GetSettings
f = open(eqconfig, “r”)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc’
Getting settings…
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: Permission denied
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/
.preset: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: Permission denied
rm: cannot remove ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted’: No such file or directory
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 535, in <module>
Equalizer()
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 357, in init
GetSettings()
File “/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py”, line 46, in GetSettings
f = open(eqconfig, “r”)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc’
Getting settings…
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 221: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc: Permission denied
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 229: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 232: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets.unsorted: Permission denied
ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/.preset: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer: line 235: /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/equalizerrc.availablepresets: Permission denied
Equalizer()
GetSettings()
f = open(eqconfig, “r”)
Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> mkdir ~/.pulse/presets
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets’: No such file or directory
Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> mkdir -p ~/.pulse/presets
Getting settings…
ls: cannot access /home/Namyrolis/.pulse/presets/
.preset: No such file or directory

I don’t have the one for pulseaudio not working, but could always restart PC

On Thu 20 Mar 2014 07:16:05 PM CDT, Namyrolis wrote:

I don’t have an issue with getting the equalizer to work, I got that.

However, with the director installed, when I reboot my computer
Pulseaudio (the entire service) will not run, saying that it cannot load
the daemon and cookie file.

When I delete the .pulse/presets in my username director, everything
gets restored but than the equalizer won’t work.

How can I have both working?

Hi
What is Director?

Hmmm, why the permissions issues? Can you check the ~/.pulse ownership
it should be your username:users.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

director is directory.

like I said I can get it to work, but with system reboot pulse audio will not start unless I delete the directory I made to get the equalizer to work.

This is in 13.1 KDE

I do have the pulse audio control package installed as well.

as far as permission maybe cause I use a different password for root. I can check when I get home.

Don’t have a solution but I also so problems with the pulse equalizer removed it and deleted the files in the . pulse drectory to get pulse back. I think the package is broken. I was just playing and really have no need of it so i did not investigate or report it on bugzilla. It may be that it is a packman package so it may be needed to report it there.

Hi
I’m the packager and maintainer :wink: It’s so old in the tooth, might be time to drop it…

You may want to explore veromix if using KDE. It’s a KDE Widget. It has effect
plugins that you can add to any stream/device. Including equalizer.

For your sins… :smiley: Does “old in the tooth” mean that the program has received no maintenance in years?

Ok this is what i get in reboot under user

Namyrolis@linux-pxlw:~> pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] module-ladspa-sink.c: Master sink not found
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module “module-ladspa-sink” (argument: “sink_name=ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_07.0.analog-surround-51 plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=-4.5,-8.1,-8.9,-8.5,-8.0,-6.0,0.0,1.5,2.5,2.7,3.2,3.3,5.8,6.4,6.4”): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

If I got SU, it give me more detail:

linux-pxlw:/home/Namyrolis # pulseaudio
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is specified).
E: [pulseaudio] module-jackdbus-detect.c: Unable to contact D-Bus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module “module-jackdbus-detect” (argument: “channels=2”): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
W: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

On Fri 21 Mar 2014 01:56:01 PM CDT, consused wrote:

malcolmlewis;2631791 Wrote:
> Hi
> I’m the packager and maintainer :wink: It’s so old in the tooth, might be
> time to drop it…
For your sins… :smiley: Does “old in the tooth” mean that the program has
received no maintenance in years?

Hi
Correct, not for a few years. Since gstreamer is a 1.x now… It
works for some, not others…

I do see this article here;

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!