want to switch to tumbleweed - stability issues?

I want to switch to tumbleweed and my question is : may my system stability be affected after adding tumbleweed repo and update. I know the main issues are the proprietary graphics/audio drivers I’ve thinkpad R500 graphics

[AMD/ATI] RV620/M82 Mobility Radeon HD 3450/3470 

Do all in this guide and it should run.

When you want comment from Tumbleweed users, why don’t you ask in the Tumbleweed subforum?

Impossible to predict the future, but overall my Tumbleweed, since early in the first year of it existing, has been reliable and stable even with the much greater frequency of dist-upgrades over two openSUSE series plus 13.1 so far. Admittedly though on fairly straightforward hardware: ThinkPad SL510 (Intel C2D T6670 2.2GHz, 3GB, GM45 chip set with integrated graphics).

The more frequent updating activity here has been mainly kernel and KDE, although prior to 13.1 I would say LibreOffice was fully updated more frequently than KDE, until it became an issue voiced by users on the Factory Mailing List. IIRC it’s only been upgraded once since the 13.1 re-base. On previous versions, I was also having some audio packages updated beyond standard release, such as Jack sound server, Qsynth, and Rosegarden.

My overall impression has been positive on getting early KDE improvements, and any regressions have been similar to those adding new KDE releases to standard openSUSE . Again any regressions in kernels have been no different to those experienced on standard openSUSE wrt my hardware. Typically I’ve always run the appropriate standard version of openSUSE alongside, either in a multi-boot configuration or as a VM using VirtualBox.

PS. This thread should be moved to Tumbleweed (IMO that is). :wink:

I’ve read that tumbleweed portal, but yeah I should’ve asked at tumbleweed forum

I am not sure, should I read this as a request to move it?

Go on, you know you want to… lol!

yeah, move it

Will be moved to Tumbleweed and is CLOSED for the moment.

Moved from Install/Boot/Login and open again.