Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: sounds

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    267

    Default sounds

    I have recently installed 13.1. I make some adjustments in a number of places to make myself feel comfortable. There are 2 sounds that I like to hear and that is at startup and shutdown. Now in previous versions these sounds were enabled right out of the box, but in 13.1 they are not enabled. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
    Mike

    AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,009

    Default Re: sounds

    ALT+F2 -> type Manage into the box it should pop out Manage Notifications, find Event Source: KDE Workspace -> Login/Logout. Check mark the suitable settings and sounds you want.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: sounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    ALT+F2 -> type Manage into the box it should pop out Manage Notifications, find Event Source: KDE Workspace -> Login/Logout. Check mark the suitable settings and sounds you want.
    I was able to find manage notifications but was able to find any of the other points. I did go through the drop down menus also.
    Mike

    AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,009

    Default Re: sounds

    It looks like this to me:
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  5. #5

    Default Re: sounds

    Quote Originally Posted by mike7757 View Post
    I was able to find manage notifications but was able to find any of the other points. I did go through the drop down menus also.
    Select "KDE Workspace" in the "Event Source" chooser button.
    There should be an entry for "Login" and "Logout" in the list then.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: sounds

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Select "KDE Workspace" in the "Event Source" chooser button.
    There should be an entry for "Login" and "Logout" in the list then.
    I guess I had a fog over my eyes. I looked right over that.

    Thanks
    Mike

    AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •