Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Clementine Tag failure

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, Lancashire
    Posts
    176

    Default Clementine Tag failure

    Just started using Clementine after rather frustrating period with Amarok, and am quite happy with it. But there is one little problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. When ever I want to tag something or fetch other tags the program just hangs and does nothing except to tell me to wait. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Clementine Tag failure

    The last time I checked, about two three weeks ago, this worked just fine on OpenSuSE 13.1. I am on a different computer now, but can check it later on.

    In any case you should provide information about your system: OS version, Clementine version and from which repo etc.

    It might also reveal something about the cause of this issue if you start Clementine from the terminal, try tagging and have a look at what it output.
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, Lancashire
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Clementine Tag failure

    Well. It is OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE. It is Clementine 1.2.2. The time it happens is when I'm playing CD's and when I do fetch tags it just keeps on "Fingerprinting" the songs. It looks like it is from the XRevan86 Repo.

    Now, as far as the terminal goes. I have no idea how to do that. But I can follow instructions very well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    6,725

    Default AW: Clementine Tag failure

    clementine from openSUSE-OSS Repo will work:
    Code:
    i | clementine | Paket      | 1.1.1-10.1.4 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.1-Oss
    I don´t need any /home-Repos, wich I don´t know.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Clementine Tag failure

    Well. It is OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE. It is Clementine 1.2.2. The time it happens is when I'm playing CD's and when I do fetch tags it just keeps on "Fingerprinting" the songs. It looks like it is from the XRevan86 Repo.

    Now, as far as the terminal goes. I have no idea how to do that. But I can follow instructions very well.
    OK, but tagging and ID display does works with files in your library?

    Clementine seems not to be able to discover the information on CD-ROMs on my system, same as with you I suppose; but no problems with reading files stored on the HD.

    Starting apps from the terminal is easy, when on KDE just open Konsole and type in the name of the program, this is often enough to get going but it may sometimes require additional parameter.

    Start Clementine from Konsole:
    Code:
    clementine
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Clementine Tag failure

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...er/t-Pws0lNueI

    The defualt openSUSE Clementine player, 1.1.1, can't read CD information due to usage of an old Musicbrainz version, but as I understood it the issue should have been addressed. I upgraded my Clementine to the one from multimedia:apps, version 1.2.1, (some things changed e.g. CDROM detected as device etc) still no song information.
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Clementine Tag failure

    Well, I got it fixed.

    If I open the CD from the devices list instead of from: Music > Open audio CD the fetching of song information is working and being displayed. This works with Clementine 1.2.1, not the one from default -oss, but 1.2.2 should do fine as well.
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •