Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How do I update libtorrent?

  1. #1

    Default How do I update libtorrent?

    Hi, I'm having problems with qbittorrent. On the official forum I asked about it and they told me that I have an old version of libtorrent (0.16.11). The latest version I'm told is 0.16.15).

    Could someone tell me how to update it please?

    Thanks
    Astralogic

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    On 2014-03-16 12:36, Astralogic wrote:
    >
    > Hi, I'm having problems with qbittorrent. On the official forum I asked
    > about it and they told me that I have an old version of libtorrent
    > (0.16.11). The latest version I'm told is 0.16.15).
    >
    > Could someone tell me how to update it please?


    Perhaps:

    Code:
    
    > http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=libtorrent&baseproject=openSUSE%3A13.1&search_devel=false&search_unsupported=false
    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  3. #3

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-03-16 12:36, Astralogic wrote:
    >
    > Hi, I'm having problems with qbittorrent. On the official forum I asked
    > about it and they told me that I have an old version of libtorrent
    > (0.16.11). The latest version I'm told is 0.16.15).
    >
    > Could someone tell me how to update it please?


    Perhaps:

    Code:
    
    > http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=libtorrent&baseproject=openSUSE%3A13.1&search_devel=false&search_unsupported=false
    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
    The version there is even older then the one I already have.

  4. #4

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralogic View Post
    The version there is even older then the one I already have.
    Have a search for "libtorrent-rasterbar" on the site Carlos mentioned. That's what qbittorrent actually uses, not "libtorrent".
    There is a 0.16.15 available on OBS, you have to click on "Show other versions" and "Show possible unstable packages" though.

    PS: You might want to report your problems at http://bugzilla.novell.com/ (same username/password as here).
    Maybe they would update libtorrent-rasterbar to a newer version then, or backport a fix to the standard openSUSE package (0.16.11).
    Last edited by wolfi323; 16-Mar-2014 at 09:57.

  5. #5

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    As it turns out I already did have the latest version of libtorrent-rasterbar. It must be a bug in qbt! I'll let them know in the post I made on the qbt forum (I told them I was coming here to figure out how to get the latest version of libtorrent). They were under the impression that it was because of libtorrent being outdated, now I need to tell them it's not.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralogic View Post
    As it turns out I already did have the latest version of libtorrent-rasterbar. It must be a bug in qbt! I'll let them know in the post I made on the qbt forum (I told them I was coming here to figure out how to get the latest version of libtorrent). They were under the impression that it was because of libtorrent being outdated, now I need to tell them it's not.
    As it turns out, the latest version of libtorrent-rasterbar that is available to suse is not the latest version. Is there a way to get the absolute latest version?

  7. #7

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralogic View Post
    As it turns out, the latest version of libtorrent-rasterbar that is available to suse is not the latest version. Is there a way to get the absolute latest version?
    And which one would be the latest version? And where can one get it from?

    The latest version I can find on their homepage _is_ 0.16.15:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/libt...es/libtorrent/
    And this is available on OBS, but as mentioned you have to click on "Show other versions" and "Show possible unstable packages" to see it.

    Which one have you really installed?
    Code:
    rpm -qi libqtorrent-rasterbar

  8. #8

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Which one have you really installed?
    Code:
    rpm -qi libqtorrent-rasterbar
    Oops, typo. Sorry!

    Should be this of course:
    Code:
    rpm -qi libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Last edited by wolfi323; 19-Mar-2014 at 04:17.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Oops, typo. Sorry!

    Should be this of course:
    Code:
    rpm -qi libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Code:
    linux-kmee:/home/calvin # rpm -qi libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Name        : libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Version     : 0.16.11
    Release     : 2.1.3
    Architecture: x86_64
    Install Date: Sat 08 Feb 2014 15:59:53 GMT
    Group       : System/Libraries
    Size        : 3569145
    License     : BSD-3-Clause
    Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Sat 28 Sep 2013 06:23:15 BST, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
    Source RPM  : libtorrent-rasterbar-0.16.11-2.1.3.src.rpm
    Build Date  : Sat 28 Sep 2013 06:21:52 BST
    Build Host  : cloud108
    Relocations : (not relocatable)
    Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
    Vendor      : openSUSE
    URL         : http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/
    Summary     : Libtorrent is a C++ implementation of the BitTorrent protocol
    Description :
    libtorrent is a C++ library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other bittorrent implementations around. It is a library and not a full featured client, although it comes with a working example client.
    
    The main goals of libtorrent are:
    * to be cpu efficient
    * to be memory efficient
    * to be very easy to use
    Distribution: openSUSE 13.1
    You know what, thanks for trying to help, but since both my linux version AND windows versions of qbt screwed up at the same time, I'm just gonna accept that they made a crappy program. I've been using Ktorrent and it's great, I'm gonna stick with it. No more messing around for qbt

    Thanks for all the help though.

    Quick question, does ktorrent use libtorrent?

  10. #10

    Default Re: How do I update libtorrent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralogic View Post
    Code:
    linux-kmee:/home/calvin # rpm -qi libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Name        : libtorrent-rasterbar7
    Version     : 0.16.11
     Release     : 2.1.3
    Architecture: x86_64
    Install Date: Sat 08 Feb 2014 15:59:53 GMT
    Group       : System/Libraries
    Size        : 3569145
    License     : BSD-3-Clause
    Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Sat 28 Sep 2013 06:23:15 BST, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
    Source RPM  : libtorrent-rasterbar-0.16.11-2.1.3.src.rpm
    Build Date  : Sat 28 Sep 2013 06:21:52 BST
    Build Host  : cloud108
    Relocations : (not relocatable)
    Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
    Vendor      : openSUSE
    URL         : http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/
    Summary     : Libtorrent is a C++ implementation of the BitTorrent protocol
    Description :
    libtorrent is a C++ library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other bittorrent implementations around. It is a library and not a full featured client, although it comes with a working example client.
    
    The main goals of libtorrent are:
    * to be cpu efficient
    * to be memory efficient
    * to be very easy to use
    Distribution: openSUSE 13.1
    Well, that's indeed 0.16.11, not 0.16.15.

    Quick question, does ktorrent use libtorrent?
    No. It has its own libktorrent.
    I also use ktorrent myself and very much like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •