Libre Office > Export to PDF

13.1 - KDE 4.12 (this may be important)

Can someone with the above please test export to pdf

For me currently it crashes out

Here as well: Save As .doc or .docx => crash. Save works as expected (no crash).

13.1 KDE 4.12.3 Libreoffice 4.1.5.3.

/micke

http://i.imgur.com/mDsoxGr.png

Base Libre from 13.1, KDE from:

KDE_Release_412 | KDE SC 4.12 Core packages (openSUSE_13.1) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/412/openSUSE_13.1/

I think it might be that I’m using the libreoffice-gnome and not libreoffice-kde4

Switching back isn’t pretty either

Well the file manager dialogue is some spacked out old style thing
http://paste.opensuse.org/66509602

Hi, the problem is the file open dialog. Goto tools->options->libreoffice-general and select (tick) the “Use libreoffice dialogs”. That will at least stop it from crashing… HTH Lenwolf

Thanks
It worked

Glad it was useful. Lenwolf

Thanks. It does! I wasn’t even getting to point of being able to save.

Thanks you so much. The configuration suggested by you, helped me to stop with the repeatedly crash when “saving as” and exporting to other formats in Libreoffice.

Only problem I find is the UI is uglier than the dog’s bollocks

This crash should also be fixed with the latest gtk2-theme-oxygen from KDE:Extra.

Or use the KDE integration, i.e. make sure libreoffice-kde4 is installed and “ibus” IS NOT (ibus forces libreoffice to use the GNOME integration even on KDE)

Hi, I’m an experienced Linux user, but very new to OpenSuse. I am liking my experience so far but was a little stumped by this LibreOffice export to PDF crashes. The same version of LibreOffce works fine on Ubuntu (Gnome-shell).

Thanks Lenwolf, this kind of repaired it for me (both under KDE and Gnome-shell).

But my question is: What’s the long term solution to this? Is a patch for this bug expected soon? I’m mainly a gnome-shell user and was wondering if it would work under Gnome-shell too? (Lenwolf’s advice works).

Thanks.

The patch was submitted to the Maintenance process yesterday, so if all goes well an official update should be released some time next week.

I’m mainly a gnome-shell user and was wondering if it would work under Gnome-shell too? (Lenwolf’s advice works).

I don’t quite understand that question.

It crashes in GNOME as well for you?
What theme are you using?

The only crash I am aware of was a bug in the Gtk2-oxygen theme (fixed already as mentioned), but that shouldn’t be used by default in GNOME. (it’s KDE’s default theme ported to GTK to provide a uniform look in KDE)

Thanks for this update.

Yes it crashes in GNOME as well for me. I’m using the default theme in GNOME. Basically I have the same behaviour/crash in GNOME as well as KDE. So sounds to me like more than just a KDE theme problem. Anyone else sees this crash in GNOME?

Thank you again for your reply.

Well, as I wrote in the other thread already, LibreOffice with the GNOME integration uses Gtk2.

GNOME3 is Gtk3-based, so changing the theme in GNOME might not affect LO. I’m not sure though how Gtk2 is handled in GNOME.

So it can be in fact just the gtk2-oxygen problem (even in GNOME), which should be fixed with the packages in KDE:Extra, and soon to be released as standard update hopefully.

Thanks again! your instructions were perfect!

EDIT: And guess what… updating gtk2-theme/engine-oxygen to the KDE:extra is the only thing I did, and LO has stopped crashing even in GNOME. You must be right in pointing out that LO still uses gtk-2 in GNOME. In KDE I changed the gtk-2 theme and that reflects in GNOME (confirmation).

PS: Am not posting this again on the other thread.

Thanks wolfi323!

Of course, if “libreoffice-gnome” is installed.

But in your case it even seems to use Gtk2 (i.e. use the GNOME-integration) in KDE.
You might want to use the KDE integration there instead.
To do this, make sure “libreoffice-kde4” is installed, and uninstall “ibus” as that forces LO to use the GNOME-integration even in KDE.
FYI, “ibus” is an input method framework, mostly needed for typing Asian characters. If you don’t want/need to do that, you won’t miss it… :wink:
(but on GNOME it is installed by default)

Thanks again very much for the tips!

FYI: Fixed packages have been released as official update for 13.1 today.