Thread: ATI driver for openSUSE

Default ATI driver for openSUSE

I finally figured out what I wasn't doing and installed the ATI driver, the problem I am having now is my display a Viewsonic VX2835WM blows the desktop past the edges of the screen at 1920x1200 which the monitor supports but I can't adjust it from the displays panel; the options are grayed out; and I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it inside of openSUSE, does anyone know?

There isn't a setting inside the ATI control panel to allow me to make the adjustments either.

Thanks,

Default Re: ATI driver for openSUSE

Hi!

Do you need the ATI-driver? Personally I'm happier with the open-source one. Unless you're doing heavy 3D-gaming, there's no drawback to the ATI one.

If you want to stick to the ATI one: KDE/Gnome cannot change the display resolution. Open the control center as super-user. There should be a menu-entry saying so. But you have to log-out and log-in again.

Default Re: ATI driver for openSUSE

Quote Originally Posted by aenglish View Post
    I finally figured out what I wasn't doing and installed the ATI driver, the problem I am having now is my display a Viewsonic VX2835WM blows the desktop past the edges of the screen at 1920x1200 which the monitor supports but I can't adjust it from the displays panel; the options are grayed out; and I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it inside of openSUSE, does anyone know?

There isn't a setting inside the ATI control panel to allow me to make the adjustments either.

Thanks,
    Hello,

You should provide information about the device model, what driver you installed, what desktop you use and which OS version you run, to start with.
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB