Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: firewall

  1. #1

    Default firewall

    Hi,
    The firewall by default will have the incoming port blocked by default unless you elected to open it
    during installation. How do I open the appropriate port for Mangler?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,845
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: firewall

    Quote Originally Posted by gamergoat89 View Post
    Hi,
    The firewall by default will have the incoming port blocked by default unless you elected to open it
    during installation. How do I open the appropriate port for Mangler?
    By finding out the port(s) used by Mangler, then creating a firewall rule that opens that port / these ports. Mind, if you have a router with it's own firewall, you'd have to open the port(s) on that too, and forward them to the machine's IP where Mangler runs.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: firewall

    On 2014-03-04 21:16, gamergoat89 wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > The firewall by default will have the incoming port blocked by default
    > unless you elected to open it
    > during installation. How do I open the appropriate port for Mangler?


    Do you know which port(s) you have to open?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  4. #4

    Default Re: firewall

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-03-04 21:16, gamergoat89 wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > The firewall by default will have the incoming port blocked by default
    > unless you elected to open it
    > during installation. How do I open the appropriate port for Mangler?


    Do you know which port(s) you have to open?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
    no. How do I find out?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: firewall

    Look into /etc/services after mangler, Mangler or something like that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: firewall

    On 2014-03-05 09:46, AdaLovelace wrote:
    >
    > Look into /etc/services after mangler, Mangler or something like that.


    No, does not exist. It is not a standard service.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: firewall

    On 2014-03-05 03:46, gamergoat89 wrote:
    >
    > robin_listas;2628614 Wrote:



    >> Do you know which port(s) you have to open?


    > no. How do I find out?


    Well, the first step is looking on the documentation for that software,
    it should say what ports to open.

    Google "firewall ports for mangler" finds some hits. I don't know if
    relevant, though.

    There is a mangler forum.

    http://www.mangler.org/forums/

    If you search for firewall there, you see some hits:

    http://www.mangler.org/forums/?forum...ude=1&search=1

    One post says: «Depending on your work, that may be hard to do.
    Ventrilo requires both your server's port to be open through the
    firewall as well as UDP port 6100. If your workplace restricts outbound
    data, those ports are not likely to be open.»

    And another «Do you have a firewall enabled at all? Ventrilo requires
    UDP port 6100 to be open IIRC.»


    I would have a read at their documentation.



    The other route is to read your firewall log when you try to use mangler
    to see what ports are being blocked. However, as you probably have to do
    something on your router, that will not help very much.



    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •