Thread: Trying to play a DVD in Kaffiene

Default Trying to play a DVD in Kaffiene

Hi, I downloaded the one click codecs installer for KDE however when I try to play a DVD nothing happens, I don't get any error just nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Trying to play a DVD in Kaffiene

It would be nice if you started a question for technical hellp with at least telling which version of openSUSE you use.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It would be nice if you started a question for technical hellp with at least telling which version of openSUSE you use.
    Sorry, I just assumed people would assume I'm using the latest version. 13.1.

Edit: I also seem to have libdvdcss and libdvdread. They have a green tick in YasT. I also hae the packman repository.

Starting at the beginning, are you sure the DVD is being detected? Do you get a notification when you insert the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post
    Starting at the beginning, are you sure the DVD is being detected? Do you get a notification when you insert the DVD?
    I think it wasn't working because my sound wasn't working. Since rebooting my sound works (for now lol) and the DVD plays, so I guess all I really needed were those one-click codecs (and sound).

Does that sound plausible? That it wasn't working because the sound wasn't working?

Just in case anyone else has this problem I'll say how I fixed it. I had to go into YasT and install libdvdread3. I tested this one two computers and it definitely is the problem. Install it and DVD's work fine.