dolphin icon of a user opens the /home of another user

In my opensuse 13.1 with kde if I click the dolphin icon in the kickoff applicatio launcher it opens the /home of another user.
if I add it to the panel (otherwise I cannot ask its property) and ask the property in the applicatio tab I have this:

dolphin %i -caption %c %u

it is the same that I have in the dolphin icon of another user that opens its own /home.

furthermore…
if I want to open another folder instead /home/user, it’s enough to put “dolphin /folderIwanttoopen” in the icon>propertyes>applicationtab or is better to put also other %things?

manythanks, :slight_smile: ciao :slight_smile: pier

You can configure which directory dolphin should show on start in its settings. Click on the wrench symbol in the toolbar and choose “Configure Dolphin”, on the page that’s open you can set the “Home folder”. Probably this is set wrong? Maybe you copied the configuration over from that other user?

if I add it to the panel (otherwise I cannot ask its property) and ask the property in the applicatio tab I have this:

dolphin %i -caption %c %u

it is the same that I have in the dolphin icon of another user that opens its own /home.

furthermore…
if I want to open another folder instead /home/user, it’s enough to put “dolphin /folderIwanttoopen” in the icon>propertyes>applicationtab or is better to put also other %things?

See above for one possible way to do that.

If you want to create an icon for opening dolphin with a certain folder, replace the %u with the path. You should leave the rest in. (%i specifies which icon to use in the window titlebar, %c specifies the window’s title)

manythanks it worked…:), …and yes, now I remember I copied the home folder from that user to create a new user similar to the first one…:slight_smile:

…mant thanks … interesting things…:slight_smile: