Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Suspend on Battery Power

Default Unwanted Suspend on Battery Power

sometimes when the notebook is on battery power it goes on suspend itself
    today f.e. I was typing a test and after pressing a key the nb entered the suspend mode without any action from my side
    this was happened also on other tasks, as entering the pw on Yast
    is appearing once a wile
    I've tried to update to TW (I've an image of 13.1 made after a fresh install and full updates to recovery) ma the annoyance remain
    the full DVD passed the Media Check

where can I look for this inconvenience, or is there any advice?

Thanks

openSUSE 13.1 on Panasonic CF 53 i5 2.7 GHz with Intel 4000

Default Re: Unwanted Suspend on Battery Power

You did not mention your which DE you are using.

I use KDE and by going:
    Configure Desktop > Hardware > Power Management
    This gets you to the Configure the Energy Saving options which allows you to adjust when a laptop will suspend a session.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Andrew View Post
    You did not mention your which DE you are using.

I use KDE and by going:
    Configure Desktop > Hardware > Power Management
    This gets you to the Configure the Energy Saving options which allows you to adjust when a laptop will suspend a session.
    Yes, sorry, I'm using KDE

the options in energy saving are ok and they seems to work accordingly

my problem is the auto suspend while on battery power doing any activity, but yesterday I was using the battery for about 6/7 hours and it didn't occurs

so let's see today how it is

the KDE installation on 32 bit system (CF-29, i855)) didn't shows this behavior yet

the CF-53 with 64 bit installation is now with my daughter and I can't test it anymore

I will test on new machine when it comes (Dell Precision M4800 FHD)

cheers

this problem still happens on CF-53 with KDE 64 bit, it didn't occur in the other two machines and it is irrespective on using 13.1 or Tumbleweed

today I was having this issue three or four times while typing a document but it may occur under other tasks too

any suggestion how to solve this or where to look to understand what's going on?

Check in the PowerManagement -->Energy Savings and Activity settings. Click on the Plasma tab and check if you have a setting for Suspend where the time is set to a low number.

I would also create a new user via Yast and see if it's happening under a new user name.
    My Linux Box
    openSUSE 52.2 - Plasma 5.18.9
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.22
    ASUS P5Q | Intel Quad 6600 @3.02 GHz | 8GB G.SKILL RAM | Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti

Hi,
    I'm back with the same problem, sometimes also in AC power

I've tried new installations, upgrading the kernel to latest stable, upgrading to Tumbleweed but not any improvement.

Now I'm with 13.1 K 13.11.10.11, tried also 3.14.4 but anytime the suspend may happens, and for many times before I can get back to desktop again

I created a new user with yast but immediately after login it went on suspend

in PowerManagement -->Energy Savings and Activity settings I can see Desktop tab only in Activity Settings were is selected 'Don't use special settings', I also select 'Do as' in different option but not results

in Energy Saving
    AC Tab, Suspend is disable
    in Battery Tab, Suspend after 10 m

I don't know how to get off of this impasse...

Delete ~/.kde4/share/config/powermanagementprofilesrc. Then log out and log back in.
    Do you have a feature called use separate setting (advanced users only)? Try using it.

Also check .xsession-errors in your /home directory and make sure pm-utils is installed.

On another note I would update to KDE4.13.1. IMHO It feels more stable.
    My Linux Box
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.22

Update to 4.13x

Version:

The Current repository will always keep you updated to the latest stable version of KDE4.
    My Linux Box
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.22

Quote Originally Posted by Romanator View Post
    Delete ~/.kde4/share/config/powermanagementprofilesrc. Then log out and log back in.
    Do you have a feature called use separate setting (advanced users only)? Try using it.

Also check .xsession-errors in your /home directory and make sure pm-utils is installed.

On another note I would update to KDE4.13.1. IMHO It feels more stable.
    Hi Romanator,

thanks for your attention

I've tried everything you suggested , and after any change, the unwanted suspend happens, on battery or on AC, today allways on AC
    sometimes continues repetitively without let me login easily after that unwanted suspend

.xsession-errors I can't open but I can open a .xsession-errors-:0 file there

I've a SSD and pm-utils was removed following this:

https://sites.google.com/site/easyli...-or-by-discard

anyway I reinstalled it without improvement

the only thing that remains to try is KDE 4.13 but now, and for two months, I'm with bad connection speed and frequent and big updates can be a problem for me

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast