Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh 13.1 Install: Digest verification failed /

Default Fresh 13.1 Install: Digest verification failed /

I've run into the following issue repeatedly when doing fresh installs (both of 32bit and 64bit media) of OpenSuse 13.1:

Notifications shows: "A security trust relationship is not present"[CODE]

Code:
    zypper ref
    [...]
    Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-13.1-Update' metadata -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/]
    Digest verification failed for a0dd6f7dae2e83307b1d95d8123fd39e85d42a1da6462608bab49a7cf403f742-primary.xml.gz. Expected a0dd6f7dae2e83307b1d95d8123fd39e85d42a1da6462608bab49a7cf403f742, found a45e1a57970389355acd94eaadaa4c4684fec20763a4c4b093c22a4ebee54c73. Continue? [yes/no] (no):

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    --+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    [...]
    9 | repo-update | openSUSE-13.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.1/ |

Now, if I repoint #9 to a specific mirror (tried University of Waterloo), the problem goes away (no prompts to accept a particular signature) and the system updates without errors.

This has been a persistent issue over 4 installations and about 2 months. It's a quick step after doing the initial install but it is very annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Default Re: Fresh 13.1 Install: Digest verification failed /

Looks like a problem with the local mirror that the main site redirects you to. What is you general location?

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Looks like a problem with the local mirror that the main site redirects you to. What is you general location?
    City: Mississauga, ON, Canada
    ISP: Rogers Communications

Code:
    lsof -i -P | grep zypper
    zypper 398 root 9u IPv4 147320 0t0 TCP 10.0.2.15:36300->ftp.opensuse.org:80 (ESTABLISHED)

Yes but that gets redirected to ideally a mirror site near you

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Yes but that gets redirected to ideally a mirror site near you
    I thought that "lsof -i" shows actual IP connections... If the service request was re-directed to another host, I would have expected it to indicate that other host in lsof result (unless the requests were being proxied through ftp.opensuse.org). But, my experience with Linux and lsof specifically is not that detailed that I would argue that particular point.

Now, the "lsof" results aside, is there a way to find out what mirror I'm being redirected to and if that even is the issue?

I've been experiencing this for a month and a half now, and I would find it hard to believe that there is a mirror out there that can have a signature issue go by undetected for that long... I suspect this may be something in my environment (not necessarily my PC/VM environment but possibly the services such as DNS that participate in serving these requests) instead. I just don't have a sufficient understanding of how this works to troubleshoot it.

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I've been experiencing this for a month and a half now, and I would find it hard to believe that there is a mirror out there that can have a signature issue go by undetected for that long... I suspect this may be something in my environment (not necessarily my PC/VM environment but possibly the services such as DNS that participate in serving these requests) instead. I just don't have a sufficient understanding of how this works to troubleshoot it.

Any other suggestions?
    You wouldn't happen to be using Rogers' Turbo Stick (or other Rogers mobility internet connection), would you?

They do a lot of interfering with ports and subnets in that system.
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I've run into the following issue repeatedly when doing fresh installs (both of 32bit and 64bit media) of OpenSuse 13.1:

Notifications shows: "A security trust relationship is not present"[CODE]

Code:
    zypper ref
    [...]
    Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-13.1-Update' metadata -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/]
    Digest verification failed for a0dd6f7dae2e83307b1d95d8123fd39e85d42a1da6462608bab49a7cf403f742-primary.xml.gz. Expected a0dd6f7dae2e83307b1d95d8123fd39e85d42a1da6462608bab49a7cf403f742, found a45e1a57970389355acd94eaadaa4c4684fec20763a4c4b093c22a4ebee54c73. Continue? [yes/no] (no):

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    --+------------------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    [...]
    9 | repo-update | openSUSE-13.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.1/ |

Now, if I repoint #9 to a specific mirror (tried University of Waterloo), the problem goes away (no prompts to accept a particular signature) and the system updates without errors.

This has been a persistent issue over 4 installations and about 2 months. It's a quick step after doing the initial install but it is very annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
    Please, please, do not copy the command only inside the CODE tags. Copy the output also. And preferably also the prompts before and after it. Now the whole output is borked!
    Henk van Velden

On 2014-02-24 03:26, Robbo wrote:

> Now, the "lsof" results aside, is there a way to find out what mirror
    > I'm being redirected to and if that even is the issue?

Yes, in the yast/zypper logs. In "/var/log/YaST2/y2log" I think.

> I've been experiencing this for a month and a half now, and I would find
    > it hard to believe that there is a mirror out there that can have a
    > signature issue go by undetected for that long...

Yes, but it can happen.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-02-24 03:26, Robbo wrote:

> I've been experiencing this for a month and a half now, and I would find
    > it hard to believe that there is a mirror out there that can have a
    > signature issue go by undetected for that long...

Yes, but it can happen.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))
    Yes, it can happen. The more so when nobody signals this for a month and a half.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be using Rogers' Turbo Stick (or other Rogers mobility internet connection), would you?

They do a lot of interfering with ports and subnets in that system.
    No, it's a Rogers cable modem connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast