Thread: how to have an icon to launch skype in the desktop folder without exclamation mark

Default how to have an icon to launch skype in the desktop folder without exclamation mark

on my sony vaio just upgraded to opensuse 13,1 with kde 4.11.5 kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop.

click on the lizard, search skype, rightclick on the icon and choose "add to desktop", an icon is added to the desktop, but I would like to have it in the widget that shows desktop folder.
    so I rightclick on it and choose properties and "position:/home/user/.local/share/applications" should show me where it is.
    I copy from there to the desktop folder showed by the widget but it appear with a red exclamation mark on it.
    when I click on it it advise me that this program will be executed:
    Exec=env PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 skype %U
    if you don't trust click on cancel.

how can I have an icon without exclamation mark???

I'm astonishing how difficult could be one of the simplest thing that in the past was made with link here...:-) :-) :-) :-)

manythanks, :-) ciao :-) pier

Default AW: how to have an icon to launch skype in the desktop folder without exclamation mark

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    when I click on it it advise me that this program will be executed:
    Exec=env PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 skype %U
    if you don't trust click on cancel.

how can I have an icon without exclamation mark???
    That's a security measure. Any program could add a link to the desktop folder (or even the Autostart folder) and make you execute it (a virus f.e.) by mistake.
    Just click on OK and the exclamation mark should disappear I think.

Or right-click on the icon, select "Properties" and enable "is executable" on the Permissions tab.

Default Re: AW: how to have an icon to launch skype in the desktop folder without exclamation mark

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Or right-click on the icon, select "Properties" and enable "is executable" on the Permissions tab.
    Thanksverymuch, making it executable make the exclamation mark disappear and the question windows too..:-)