Thread: Unable to start guest os using KVM

Default Unable to start guest os using KVM

I am using the opensuse 13.1 with the newest kvm packages from "download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization/openSUSE_13.1/"

After a refresh of the packages from the virtualization repository I am not able to start a guest os anymore. I get the following error message:

virsh start <guest os>

Fehler: Domain <guest os> konnte nicht gestartet werden
    Fehler: internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -help) unexpected exit status 1: libvirt: error : cannot execute binary /usr/bin/qemu-kvm: Exec format error

What is wrong? Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Unable to start guest os using KVM

Quote Originally Posted by hansburkard View Post
    I am using the opensuse 13.1 with the newest kvm packages from "download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization/openSUSE_13.1/"

After a refresh of the packages from the virtualization repository I am not able to start a guest os anymore. I get the following error message:

virsh start <guest os>

Fehler: Domain <guest os> konnte nicht gestartet werden
    Fehler: internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -help) unexpected exit status 1: libvirt: error : cannot execute binary /usr/bin/qemu-kvm: Exec format error

What is wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Had the same problem. Ended up disabling the Virt repo and installing libvirt and qemu from 13.1 stock repos.

Default Re: Unable to start guest os using KVM

Unfortunately, the shebang shell header got inadvertently dropped from /usr/bin/qemu-kvm. The fix is checked into Virtualization / qemu, and the repo updated shortly. If you want to get right back to a working state, add this to the top of /usr/bin/qemu-kvm:

#!/bin/sh

Sorry for the churn here!

Bruce