Strange lines accros screen (dissapear after sleep and wake up)

I installed the fglrx driver for my amd radeon hd 7670M, the installation went fine, however after rebooting strange lines cover my screen, and I can vaguely see the log in screen and log in. The strange thing is that when I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again everything works fine, I am guessing the driver does not load correctly at boot, I uninsulated and reinstalled this time using the build the RPM yourself method, but sadly after a reboot same problem. Than I made sure the old Radeon driver was blacklisted and rebooted, same problem. Next I went into Yast and looked at the hardware information which shows this:
-ATI VGA compatible controller
–Drivers
—Modules
----Active: No
----modprobe:Yes
----Modules
-----modprobe Radeon
—Modules
----Active:Yes
----modprobe:YEs
----Modules
-----modprobe fglrx
Next I tried completely removing the radeon driver through the software manager, sadly no effect, and the radeon driver still displays in hardware info (maybe I didn’t uninstall correctly). My system works great after putting the computer to sleep and waking it up again, and performance was greatly increased after installing fglrx. I don’t want to uninstall fglrx unless there is no other option left. I have never handled this kind of problems before, if someone has any idea on what to do, please help me out.

Updated to the Beta-Driver from: geeko.ioda.net/mirror/amd-fglrx-beta/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/. Did not solve the problem

Updated to the latest Beta driver form AMD 14.1, Same problem however I can now adjust screen brightness

On 2014-02-10 16:26, AndrewAmmerlaan wrote:
> I have never
> handled this kind of problems before, if someone has any idea on what to
> do, please help me out.

Forgive me asking, but… Are you sure you want to use Tumbleweed?

Tumbleweed instructions warn that using the proprietary video drivers
here is… well, a bit complicated and a nuisance (other words: wiki is
down). You should be familiar with installation of the video driver, and
be prepared to repeat it very often, if you intend to use Tumbleweed.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

You should be familiar with installation of the video driver, and
be prepared to repeat it very often, if you intend to use Tumbleweed.

I don’t know how to fix this yet, but I am willing to learn. The installation was without errors, but after reboot something went wrong, I just want to know how to fix it.

It is not clear, but do the open source drivers exhibit this problem?

Also, have you tried to restart the X server from the login prompt?

The Radeon driver did not have this problem, Trying to restart x org completely broke something and I needed to reinstall the system, I probably did something wrong. I am now installing all my applications again. :\

Finished reinstalling, and I think I have found the problem, the AMD website says: 32-Bit packages must be installed for 64-Bit Linux drivers to install or work. Though I am not sure which 32 bit packages to install, Anybody know?

I have done a lot of experimenting the last couple of weeks.
I tried running the same driver on: Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, OpenSUSE(not tumbleweed) and Mint, all of these have the same issues.
I concluded that this is NOT a Tumbleweed issue nor is it a OpenSUSE issue, it either is a issue the driver is having with my video card, or some default setting.
I will make a post on the AMD forums since this is likely a problem with the driver.

FIXED
UEFI was causing the problem, converting the installation to BIOS mode and disabling UEFI solved all problems. Apparently there is a bug with fglrx and UEFI