Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Tray Icons (and Function?) Changed in 13.1 KDE

Default AW: Re: System Tray Icons (and Function?) Changed in 13.1 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    I am still on 12.3

So no icon
    Right.

You could install the package "apper-plasmoid" though if you wanted to have it...
    IIRC, it is even added to the System Tray automatically on the next login, if not you would have to enable it manually in the System Tray Settings.
    (on 13.1 the plasmoid is part of the standard "apper" package, that's why it is there by default)
    Last edited by wolfi323; 30-Mar-2014 at 11:19.

Default Re: System Tray Icons (and Function?) Changed in 13.1 KDE

Sweet! Got it back, I had to install apper-lang. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach1928 View Post
    Sweet! Got it back, I had to install apper-lang. Thanks everyone!
    Hm, apper-lang should not be necessary, this only contains the translations.

Maybe you didn't have apper installed? (Installing apper-lang would also pull in apper as a dependency)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Hm, apper-lang should not be necessary, this only contains the translations.

Maybe you didn't have apper installed? (Installing apper-lang would also pull in apper as a dependency)
    Well Long and short of it is I messed everything up at one point and could only boot to IceWM so I had to reinstall KDE, and when I tried to have zypper add apper-plasmoid, it couldn't find it but it said it recommended apper-lang and Poof- I got some update notifications.

When I installed 13.1 my System tray Icons were small and neatly packed in a double row ... nice!
    After a reboot the icons were full panel height and 'oh-so-ugly' .... driving me nuts to find a solution.
    Tried everything that has been proposed and more but the ugly KDE remains.

If there are any more ways out there that have positively worked for others I would be most appreciative.

David

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davidvj View Post
    When I installed 13.1 my System tray Icons were small and neatly packed in a double row ... nice!
    After a reboot the icons were full panel height and 'oh-so-ugly' .... driving me nuts to find a solution.
    Tried everything that has been proposed and more but the ugly KDE remains.

If there are any more ways out there that have positively worked for others I would be most appreciative.

David
    This will depend on the panel height that you have set. Select 'Unlock Widgets' > 'Panel Options' > 'Panel Settings'. As you increase panel height the icons should form into more rows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12