Thread: ISO Multi Platform ( Windows / Linux ) Local Password Manager

Default ISO Multi Platform ( Windows / Linux ) Local Password Manager

I'm looking for a solution to the above. Feature wish list:

Must have:

• allows shared multi-system access to the password DB (ok if only one of them can be read/write)
    • password DB is locally stored on an SMB share (not with an external / cloud provider)
    • supports both Windows and Linux systems (OpenSuse, Mint, Ubuntu)
    • well maintained, robust and reliable

Bonus / nice to have:

• native support for "Password Safe" databases (have a ton of passwords in that already) or some way to do a one time conversion
    • easy to deploy and keep up-to-date on different Linux distros (i.e. included in the default repositories)
    • native version for each supported platform (not emulated)
    • mobile device (Blackberry 10 OS) support

On the Password Safe homepage, there is a link to related projects, which contains a list of products that _might_ work in one way or another. I've also read that Keepass 2 could be run under Mono. I haven't found anything that is included in the OpenSuse repository. I doubt that these requirements are unique to me and assume someone has already done the legwork to research this.

Any suggestions on how I can get (close to) the features wish list would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: ISO Multi Platform ( Windows / Linux ) Local Password Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I'm looking for a solution to the above. Feature wish list:

Must have:

• allows shared multi-system access to the password DB (ok if only one of them can be read/write)
    • password DB is locally stored on an SMB share (not with an external / cloud provider)
    • supports both Windows and Linux systems (OpenSuse, Mint, Ubuntu)
    • well maintained, robust and reliable

Bonus / nice to have:

• native support for "Password Safe" databases (have a ton of passwords in that already) or some way to do a one time conversion
    • easy to deploy and keep up-to-date on different Linux distros (i.e. included in the default repositories)
    • native version for each supported platform (not emulated)
    • mobile device (Blackberry 10 OS) support

On the Password Safe homepage, there is a link to related projects, which contains a list of products that _might_ work in one way or another. I've also read that Keepass 2 could be run under Mono. I haven't found anything that is included in the OpenSuse repository. I doubt that these requirements are unique to me and assume someone has already done the legwork to research this.

Any suggestions on how I can get (close to) the features wish list would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I use RoboForm Everywhere ($20/year) with RoboForm lite on my Linux machines (runs in browsers).
    It does sync to its own cloud store, but each instance maintains a synced copy.
    If you don't want to touch the cloud, then not what you want.
    I primarily use with Firefox on Linux, plus WinXP and Win 7 (native and IE+Firefox) and Android App for cell phone.
    I have no idea if there is something for your BB.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

Default Re: ISO Multi Platform ( Windows / Linux ) Local Password Manager

Thank you for your reply.

It does sync to its own cloud store, but each instance maintains a synced copy.
    If you don't want to touch the cloud, then not what you want.
    Yes, I don't want this data on an external / cloud server. One other consideration is that I need to store passwords for applications that will not be accessed by a browser.

Any other suggestions, please?