Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Dependency Resolution failed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Posts
    20

    Default Dependency Resolution failed

    Hi All,

    I am having an odd problem with "Dependency resolution failed" after I have installed the 64-bit version of both Dragon Player Version 2.0 and well as the evaluation version of Minitube 2.1.5 on my Lenovo Thinkpad X201 laptop computer, running OpenSUSE 13.1 64-bit OS and KDE 4.11.5.

    When I run either Dragon Player or Minitube and search for any video or load any video file from hard disk, a window appears, which says:

    Install GStreamer Resources

    /usr/lib/gst-install-plugins-helper requires additional plugins to decode this file

    H.264 decoder

    MPEG-4 ACC decoder

    The following plugins are required. Do you want to search for these now?

    [Continue] [Cancel]

    Then it displays:

    The following packages were found

    To be installed

    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-orig-addon
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi

    [Continue] [Cancel]

    When continued, it refreshes the dependencies but then shows:

    Dependency resolution failed – Apper

    A package dependency could not be found.
    More information is available in the detailed report.

    [Details >>] [OK]

    Which is as follows:

    cannot install both gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.23-13.1.4.x86_64 and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.23-13.1.4.x86_64
    cannot install both gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-10.1.4.x86_64 and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-10.1.4.x86_64
    cannot install both gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi-0.5.4-2.1.1.x86_64 and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi-0.5.4-2.1.1.x86_64

    I have checked the gstreamer versions and they all matched the requirements.

    Any ideas to try will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    David A. Smith

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Please follow this
    https://forums.opensuse.org/entry.ph...allation-Guide

    Also delete the hidden folder
    ~/.gstreamer-0.10/
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Yes, your suggestion solved the "Dependency resolution failed" issue with Apper. However, Dragon Player won't play .avi files and neither Dragon Player, Minitube or Amarok have sound output through the sound card system of my Lenovo X201 Thinkpad laptop. I have PulseAudio enabled as well as asal. The system sound was working before I fixed the "Dependency resolution failed" issue.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you,

    David A. Smith

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidASmith072 View Post
    Yes, your suggestion solved the "Dependency resolution failed" issue with Apper. However, Dragon Player won't play .avi files and neither Dragon Player, Minitube or Amarok have sound output through the sound card system of my Lenovo X201 Thinkpad laptop. I have PulseAudio enabled as well as asal. The system sound was working before I fixed the "Dependency resolution failed" issue.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you,

    David A. Smith
    I don't use Dragon Player

    Check you sound device/s (you may have more than 1) In System Settings > Multimedia > Audio and Video Settings
    The info you set there needs to match the device set in KMIX
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,336
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    On Sun 09 Feb 2014 04:16:01 AM CST, DavidASmith072 wrote:


    Hi All,

    I am having an odd problem with "Dependency resolution failed" after I
    have installed the 64-bit version of both Dragon Player Version 2.0 and
    well as the evaluation version of Minitube 2.1.5 on my Lenovo Thinkpad
    X201 laptop computer, running OpenSUSE 13.1 64-bit OS and KDE 4.11.5.

    When I run either Dragon Player or Minitube and search for any video or
    load any video file from hard disk, a window appears, which says:

    Install GStreamer Resources

    /usr/lib/gst-install-plugins-helper requires additional plugins to
    decode this file

    H.264 decoder

    MPEG-4 ACC decoder

    The following plugins are required. Do you want to search for these
    now?

    [Continue] [Cancel]

    Then it displays:

    The following packages were found

    To be installed

    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-orig-addon
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi

    [Continue] [Cancel]

    When continued, it refreshes the dependencies but then shows:

    Dependency resolution failed – Apper

    A package dependency could not be found.
    More information is available in the detailed report.

    [Details >>] [OK]

    Which is as follows:

    cannot install both gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.23-13.1.4.x86_64
    and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.23-13.1.4.x86_64
    cannot install both
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-10.1.4.x86_64 and
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-10.1.4.x86_64
    cannot install both gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi-0.5.4-2.1.1.x86_64
    and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-vaapi-0.5.4-2.1.1.x86_64

    I have checked the gstreamer versions and they all matched the
    requirements.

    Any ideas to try will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    David A. Smith


    Hi
    Dragon Player 2.0 is from some 6 years ago......? Why not install the
    version shipped with KDE 4.11.5 (as in Dragon Player version 4.11.5)?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,336
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidASmith072 View Post
    Hi All,

    I am having an odd problem with "Dependency resolution failed" after I have installed the 64-bit version of both Dragon Player Version 2.0 and well as the evaluation version of Minitube 2.1.5 on my Lenovo Thinkpad X201 laptop computer, running OpenSUSE 13.1 64-bit OS and KDE 4.11.5.

    <snip>
    Any ideas to try will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    David A. Smith
    Hi
    And minitube 2.1.6 is available from;
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Dragon Player 2.0 is from some 6 years ago......? Why not install the
    version shipped with KDE 4.11.5 (as in Dragon Player version 4.11.5)?
    ???
    Even KDE 4.12.2 still contains Dragon Player 2.0:
    Code:
    wolfi@amiga:~> dragon -v
    Qt: 4.8.5
    KDE: 4.12.2
    Dragon Player: 2.0
    Dragon Player just uses Phonon to play back files, so you might want to try the VLC backend. (install phonon-backend-vlc, and move it to the top in KDE's Video and Audio Configuration if necessary)

    But even the default gstreamer-0.10 backend should work.
    Maybe try to switch all packages to the Packman versions, as described here:
    http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Vendor_ch..._Vendor_change

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,336
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    On Mon 10 Feb 2014 08:56:02 AM CST, wolfi323 wrote:


    malcolmlewis;2623546 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > Dragon Player 2.0 is from some 6 years ago......? Why not install the
    > version shipped with KDE 4.11.5 (as in Dragon Player version 4.11.5)?
    >

    ???
    Even KDE 4.12.2 still contains Dragon Player 2.0:

    Code:
    --------------------
    wolfi@amiga:~> dragon -v
    Qt: 4.8.5
    KDE: 4.12.2
    Dragon Player: 2.0

    --------------------
    Hi
    Ahh ok, so it's a KDE thing, shipping a bundle based on release
    numbers, rather than product versions.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I don't use Dragon Player

    Check you sound device/s (you may have more than 1) In System Settings > Multimedia > Audio and Video Settings
    The info you set there needs to match the device set in KMIX
    Yes, your suggestion fixed my sound problem with Dragon Player, Minitube and Amarok. However, I had to use PNMixer 0.50 to get the sound working with these applications. I would like to know if PNMixer can be use in place of KDE Mixer and will the Lenovo Thinkpad X201's volume control buttons also work with it?

    Thank you,

    David A. Smith

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dependency Resolution failed

    You ThinkPad volume controls may or may not work, depending on your keyboard settings

    I never had to use anything but kmix in kde
    And I do feel the problem you have with kmix is just cognitive
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •