Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is packman having some issue?

  1. #1

    Default Is packman having some issue?

    Today I attempted to install openSUSE on a friends computer and everything went fine... until I had to install codecs.
    Seems like packman is having issues but want to ensure I am not alone so I can inquire the packman maintainers.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    Today I attempted to install openSUSE on a friends computer and everything went fine... until I had to install codecs.
    Seems like packman is having issues but want to ensure I am not alone so I can inquire the packman maintainers.
    I see no problem here.

    What kind of problems did you have? Dependency conflicts?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I see no problem here.

    What kind of problems did you have? Dependency conflicts?
    No it kept on loosing the medium for some reason, I have no idea why.
    I did try another mirror lately and it seemed to have4 worked, I just had to inquire about the primary mirror.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    No it kept on loosing the medium for some reason, I have no idea why.
    I did try another mirror lately and it seemed to have4 worked, I just had to inquire about the primary mirror.
    Here's a list of all mirrors if you need it:
    http://packman.links2linux.de/mirrors

    I'm using packman.inode.at since years and never had problems.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Here's a list of all mirrors if you need it:
    http://packman.links2linux.de/mirrors

    I'm using packman.inode.at since years and never had problems.
    ell my issue may be from that I use YAST to choose my sources as opposed to manually putting them in, YAST usually points to http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman...openSUSE_13.1/
    when selecting community repositories

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    ell my issue may be from that I use YAST to choose my sources as opposed to manually putting them in, YAST usually points to http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman...openSUSE_13.1/
    when selecting community repositories
    I've had problems with that mirror being very slow for me for quite some time so since installing 13.1 I update the URL to a different mirror and problem solved.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by farcusnz View Post
    I've had problems with that mirror being very slow for me for quite some time so since installing 13.1 I update the URL to a different mirror and problem solved.
    Kind of figured it was the mirror, I will contact the maintainers then
    Thanks for the confirmation

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    I can't access Packman or any of the mirrors; YaST just tells me it's "Unable to create a repository" from any of the URLs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by dimesio View Post
    I can't access Packman or any of the mirrors; YaST just tells me it's "Unable to create a repository" from any of the URLs.
    you're probably copying the url from the wrong part of the repository.

    This is the url I use

    http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_13.1/

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is packman having some issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by farcusnz View Post
    you're probably copying the url from the wrong part of the repository.

    This is the url I use

    http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_13.1/
    The main Packman repository is working again now, but yeah, you were right about my copying the wrong URL for the mirrors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •