Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another "surprise" from apper update! - An unbootable system!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another "surprise" from apper update! - An unbootable system!!

I ran into another Apper quirk. I'm using it on my work desktop. So today, I told it to go ahead with the install.

It prompted me with the license for the flash update. I clicked the "Agree" button.

Checking notifications, several minutes later, I see a notice that the flash install failed because the license was not agreed to.

Sigh!

As best I can tell, the update was installed. I checked with Yast. So it seems to be a bogus message.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Default Re: Another "surprise" from apper update! - An unbootable system!!

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Checking notifications, several minutes later, I see a notice that the flash install failed because the license was not agreed to.
    I know.

This message about "the license was not agreed to" actually shows up _before_ the license agreement is even shown (and the notification applet keeps it for you to read).
    As you know, I did fix the problem that multiple licences could not be agreed to, and I pushed through an update to the latest apper that fixed all those premature messages, except for this one unfortunately.

This seems to be an upstream bug and should be reported there.
    I will take care of that, but I'm not sure yet when.

But actually I think of this as a minor cosmetical problem, not really related to the subject of this thread.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345