KDE Plasmoid - LCD Weather Station problem

Hi I’m with KDE 13.1,I’m from Malaysia,Johor state,Johor Bahru city. There’s problem with LCD Weather Station,it found where I live,but failed to gather and display the weather information. It was ok with 12.3 KDE,but now…

• Another plasmoid Weather Forecast is working.

Any solution?

• Seems I can’t edit my profile signature,I’m using Lenovo Think pad R500,instead of Dell D620,how to edit the signature? :slight_smile:

KDE weather plasmoid didn’t work for me either. Especially when i use it on screen-saver. The configure button leads to a box that is sometimes entirely blank and sometimes where nothing can be selected. In the case of the weather plasmoid, no location can be typed in, nor selected.
And , by the way, many plasmoid don’t work properly also. Which is quite disappointing.
If someone had any clue about how to solve these malfunctions…

File a bugreport at http://bugs.kde.org/.

Which plasmoids do you mean btw?
You could also try a newer KDE version, maybe your issues are fixed already. The current one is 4.12.1, and 4.12.2 will be released on Tuesday.
See here for where to get packages for openSUSE:
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories

The weather plasmoid works fine here, but I haven’t tried it on the screen locker yet.
It may depend on the provider you’re using though. I’m using wetter.com (without problems) and bbc.co.uk (didn’t refresh for the last few days because it couldn’t reach the server)

I remember it was using bbc.co.uk on 12.3,it works,but now with wetter,no luck. How to get it work with bbc.co.uk?

As I said, bbc.co.uk isn’t working at all here since Tuesday, so ATM the search button doesn’t even find it.

Btw, I was talking about the standard weather plasmoid, not LCD Weather Station.
The standard plasmoid works fine here (on KDE 4.11.4 from the standard openSUSE update repo) with wetter.com, the LCD does not as I have verified in the meantime. I will try in a moment if that’s maybe fixed with 4.12.1.

That the configuration dialog is not working on the screen locker seems to be a general screen locker problem (there’s no window manager running, so the input fields cannot get focus). I will check if that’s still the case with 4.12.1 as well.

I am using the tray weather forecast, which I think is based on the same code.

It is very frustrating.

Sometimes it works.

Sometimes it doesn’t work. But if I logout from KDE and log back in it works.

Sometimes it never works. It just tells me to configure. But that never works either. So I delete the tray entry (in tray settings). Then, after a few minutes wait, I add it back, configure it, and it works.

It shouldn’t be this hard.

Unfortunately those issues still exist in KDE 4.12.1.

The standard weather plasmoid (weather forecast?) works fine though as I said, with exactly the same settings (wetter.com).

Yes, that is in fact the standard weather (weather forecast?) plasmoid.

It is very frustrating.

Sometimes it works.

Sometimes it doesn’t work. But if I logout from KDE and log back in it works.

Sometimes it never works. It just tells me to configure. But that never works either. So I delete the tray entry (in tray settings). Then, after a few minutes wait, I add it back, configure it, and it works.

As I said, it works perfectly here with wetter.com.
It used to work perfectly with bbc.co.uk as well until Tuesday, since then it apparently cannot reach the server.

I don’t use noaa. I tried just now, and it seems to work as well, but it doesn’t show a weather icon, the progress indicator just keeps spinning and eventually gives an error message. When I click on it I do see the data though (“Details”).

It shouldn’t be this hard.

Have you filed a bug report?

The problem doesn’t seem to be with the plasmoid itself, but the noaa dataengine (or the service).

I do use NOAA. I’ve tried “wetter.com” several times, but it has never worked. Perhaps there’s a problem in the entry for my town. Maybe I’ll try again the next time I have to futz around with this.

I’ve found that USA weather is spotty to nonexistent from wetter. NOAA seems to be fine but I can’t get noaa to stick or even show in LCD. I like LCD looks but it simply does not work for USA.