Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

  1. #1

    Default Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Hello!!

    In openSUSE 13.1- 64bit - KDE.
    Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded, but runs the video if I close kaffeine and load the same video again.

    What should I do?

    Thank you!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhus View Post
    In openSUSE 13.1- 64bit - KDE.
    Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded, but runs the video if I close kaffeine and load the same video again.

    What should I do?
    Which graphics card/driver are you using?
    This sounds like a VAAPI issue.

    If it's nvidia try to install vdpau-video, or install libxine2 from Packman, that one should use VDPAU instead of VAAPI by default.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Which graphics card/driver are you using?
    This sounds like a VAAPI issue.

    If it's nvidia try to install vdpau-video, or install libxine2 from Packman, that one should use VDPAU instead of VAAPI by default.




    Hello!!



    I have nvidia card and the "libxine2" is alredy installed.
    I installed "vdpau-video", but the problem was not resolved.

    Thank you!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhus View Post
    I have nvidia card and the "libxine2" is alredy installed.
    Yes, it's to be expected that it is already installed, since kaffeine _requires_ it.
    But do you have the version from Packman installed? It is included in the standard OSS repo as well, but _without_ VDPAU support.
    Code:
    rpm -qi libxine2
    And especially in your case (with an nvidia card) VDPAU support should fix the problem I think.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Yes, it's to be expected that it is already installed, since kaffeine _requires_ it.
    But do you have the version from Packman installed? It is included in the standard OSS repo as well, but _without_ VDPAU support.
    Code:
    rpm -qi libxine2
    And especially in your case (with an nvidia card) VDPAU support should fix the problem I think.
    Hallo!!

    Code:
    rpm -qi libxine2
    Name        : libxine2
    Version     : 1.2.3
    Release     : 3.1.3
    Architecture: x86_64
    Install Date: Qua 20 Nov 2013 16:43:38 BRST
    Group       : Productivity/Multimedia/Video/Players
    Size        : 5662276
    License     : GPL-2.0+
    Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Seg 30 Set 2013 15:32:28 BRT, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
    Source RPM  : xine-lib-1.2.3-3.1.3.src.rpm
    Build Date  : Seg 30 Set 2013 15:30:39 BRT
    Build Host  : build40
    Relocations : (not relocatable)
    Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
    Vendor      : openSUSE
    URL         : http://www.xine-project.org/home
    Summary     : Video Player with Plug-Ins
    Description :
    xine is a video player with a graphical front-end that supports a large
    number of file formats (VCD and MPEG2, for example) using plug-ins.
    Several plug-ins are included. Others can be installed after xine
    installation. xine supports stereo sound using OSS and AC5.1 using
    Alsa.
    
    
    This version of xine may lack certain features because of legal
    requirements (potential patent violation). See also
    http://www.opensuse.org/XINE#Legal_Matters
    
    
    More information about xine plug-ins can be found at
    http://www.xine-project.org/home
    
    Authors:
    --------
        Guenter Bartsch <guenter@sourceforge.net>
    Distribution: openSUSE 13.1
    Thank you!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhus View Post
    Distribution: openSUSE 13.1
    Wie gesagt, installiere die Version von Packman.
    Dazu in YaST->Software installieren/löschen nach "libxine2" suchen, das Paket auswählen, unter der Paketliste auf "Versionen" klicken und die Packman-Version auswählen.
    Oder folgendes in die Konsole eingeben:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in libxine2-1.2.3-89.4

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Wie gesagt, installiere die Version von Packman.
    Dazu in YaST->Software installieren/löschen nach "libxine2" suchen, das Paket auswählen, unter der Paketliste auf "Versionen" klicken und die Packman-Version auswählen.
    Oder folgendes in die Konsole eingeben:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in libxine2-1.2.3-89.4
    The package was installed, but did not solve the problem.

    Code:
    zypper in libxine2-1.2.3-89.4
    "O seguinte pacote irá mudar de fornecedor:
    libxine2 openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de"

    Thank you!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhus View Post
    The package was installed, but did not solve the problem.
    Again, you have the openSUSE version installed. You should install the Packman version instead.

    Code:
    zypper in libxine2-1.2.3-89.4
    "O seguinte pacote irá mudar de fornecedor:
    libxine2 openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de"
    Sorry, I don't understand this.
    But, yes, you should switch the vendor to http://packman.links2linux.de.
    That's the point.

    Sorry, that my previous post was in german. I was writing a post in the german forum at the same time and got confused. Especially because you wrote "Hallo!!" as first sentence...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Again, you have the openSUSE version installed. You should install the Packman version instead.


    Sorry, I don't understand this.
    But, yes, you should switch the vendor to http://packman.links2linux.de.
    That's the point.

    Sorry, that my previous post was in german. I was writing a post in the german forum at the same time and got confused. Especially because you wrote "Hallo!!" as first sentence...
    Hello!!

    I run Kaffeine in the terminal and this appeared:
    Code:
    kaffeine
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nouveau.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
    vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
    libva info: VA-API version 0.34.0
    rhus@linux-plzk:~> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_drv_video.so
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
    Thank you!!

  10. #10

    Default AW: Re: Kaffeine does not run video "flv" the first time that the video is loaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhus View Post
    I run Kaffeine in the terminal and this appeared:
    Code:
    kaffeine
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nouveau.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
    vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
    libva info: VA-API version 0.34.0
    rhus@linux-plzk:~> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_drv_video.so
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
    So you are using the nouveau driver.
    Try to install the package "libvdpau_nouveau" then.

    Or install the proprietary nvidia driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •