Thread: reinstall panorama application

Default reinstall panorama application

Hello.

I wanted to test the application that comes installed by default in Graphics> Photography> Panorama, but after updating opensuse does not work. Do not know how to reinstall this application because I do not find in yast software, what is your name?

Thank you.

Default Re: reinstall panorama application

The Graphics repository is not enabled by default, so nothing from it gets installed by default.

You can use PACKAGESEARCH to find packages.

I don't see anything called Panorama, but I do see Hugin

What openSUSE version are you running?
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

I put a capture image to see the application, I tried to reintalar hugin and does not work.

http://susepaste.org/10231589

OpenSuse 13.1 kde 4.11.4.

Error in console:

jonatan@OpenSuse:~> panoramagui
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    KCrash: Application 'panoramagui' crashing...
    KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
    sock_file=/home/jonatan/.kde4/socket-OpenSuse.site/kdeinit4__0

Thank you.

Well, I have not used it in a long time, but find this on my machine.

If I try to start the way you did, from Launcher (your susePaste reference), I get same crash.
    I copied /usr/share/applications/hugin.desktop to my desktop folder and start hugin from there, it at least cleanly starts.
    I did not go any further.

I dug a little further. The panoramagui application is actually provided by kipiplugins.
    If you open YAST, and search for panaramagui with RPM "provides" and File list selected, you should see same.

I don't use kipiplugins directly, but do use frequently through Digikam, a photomanagement program that calls kipiplugins.

Kipiplugins may in fact call hugin for panoramas, not sure.

Perhaps try starting hugin directly and see if that works for you.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

I have reinstalled kipi plugin and panoramagui still does not respond, but works /usr/share/applications/hugin.desktop, are they the same application?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jony127 View Post
    I have reinstalled kipi plugin and panoramagui still does not respond, but works /usr/share/applications/hugin.desktop, are they the same application?
    Panoramagui uses hugin to do the actual work, so in a sense yes.

I can confirm the crash, but it starts fine if you specify a picture file on the command line, f.e.
    Code:
    panoramagui mypicture.gif
    You can then still add other files in the GUI.

But it just seems to hang here when processing the images.