Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

    since 12.3 running KDE 4.10 I am quite annoyed by the fact that KDE takes away the focus from the window I am currently working in to the panel with every system message.
    I can not remember having had that behaviour with earlier versions.

    Would that be gone if I update to KDE 4.11?

  2. #2

    Default Re: [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

    On 01/27/2014 01:16 PM, suse paul pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
    > since 12.3 running KDE 4.10 I am quite annoyed by the fact that KDE
    > takes away the focus from the window I am currently working in to the
    > panel with every system message.
    > I can not remember having had that behaviour with earlier versions.
    >
    > Would that be gone if I update to KDE 4.11?
    >
    >


    No, you need to change the setting within "Desktop Settings" under
    "window behavior".

    Ken

  3. #3

    Default Re: [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

    Quote Originally Posted by kensch View Post

    No, you need to change the setting within "Desktop Settings" under
    "window behavior".
    can you give me hint, which setting there would help me?

  4. #4

    Default Re: [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

    Quote Originally Posted by suse_paul View Post
    can you give me hint, which setting there would help me?
    Focus stealing prevention, I'd say.

  5. #5

    Default Re: [12.3/KDE4.10] annying focus shift

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Focus stealing prevention, I'd say.
    thanks - that allowed me to guess what the setting was.
    in the german version I had to set sth. like "no prevention"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •