Thread: Mouse freezes alone multiple types and systems tested

Default Mouse freezes alone multiple types and systems tested

I am trying to get some attention for this not just because it is my problem but because I can't imagine anyone else not having a similar problem. I loaded my wife's system with Linux Ultimate Edition because Mint did not have a drive controller driver for her system. I went through several systems trying to find one that didn't have this mouse problem. I tried Fedoria, OpenSuse, Maegia, and finally settled for Ultimate Edition because it did not trip up the mouse as much. I still don't have a solution. Today I loaded a computer totally different for a friend with Mint it does the same thing. My wife's machine is a older AMD machine with a wireless mouse a Logitech USB Wireless mouse keyboard combination with an AMD 64 processor and an Nvidia Ultra chipset. The friends computer is a newer it's an M5N78 SE 64bit with an AM3 Phenom II x3 720 B73 processor and an Microsoft old fashioned PS2 Mouse. On both boards the mouse freezes randomly. The system is still live and If you are in a position where you can tab into a restart box you can reboot the system with the keyboard so the system is still live the mouse cursor is just frozen. This is a problem that crosses five Linux systems and two computer boards and two totally different mouses. It seems to me this must be a kernel problem. But, I am a beginner what do I know. However I challenge some of you advanced hackers to help me find a problem that seems impossible. The commonality I see is that they are AMD machines. beyond that and possibly that the Linux may have the same root I don't see a commonality.

Thanks

Default Re: Mouse freezes alone multiple types and systems tested

Someone on another site suggested I could have bad RAM so I did a RAM test on both systems. My wife had problems with Windows now that I think about it. Sadly I am both happy and embarrassed finding that RAM memory locations in both machines are bad. So for now I declare this problem solved thanks guy's. I should have thought horses when I heard hoof beats instead of zebras. I must have never run a full memory test on my wife's computer before and this was the first time the memory had been powered up on the friend's computer. Sorry I am a dummy. I learned something though.

Thanks,
    technopeasant