Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Question about mingw/win32/openSUSE_Factory package building

  1. #1

    Question Question about mingw/win32/openSUSE_Factory package building

    Hi,

    I've recently stumbled upon the following list of packages cross-compiled for mingw/win32, and I'm seeking to learn about the automated system by which they're presumably built, and about how one might build additional package(s) via this system:

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...actory/noarch/


    I'm guessing they are perhaps built with Open Build Service, having found mingw packages listed here:

    https://build.opensuse.org/project/s...ws:mingw:win32


    My initial question would be: Am I on the right track at all so far? Are the mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory packages indeed built with OBS?


    If so, my next question would relate to the few packages I'm hoping to build that don't currently exist in ...mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/noarch/ -- particularly, clutter related packages.

    I had found older versions of said packages here:

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ingw32-clutter
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...32-clutter-gst
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...32-clutter-gtk

    They're for a fairly old clutter 1.6.x version, whereas the current stable release is 1.16.2. But just seeing them listed at all gives me hope that I'm not venturing into uncharted territory.

    Is it possible to request that packages such as these could be added to the mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory build? Or if not, should it be possible for me to build current versions of clutter for mingw/win32 via OBS, making use of the work already done by mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory which has built almost all of the required dependencies already?


    Thanks for any assistance / tips / pointers / RTFM links, etc.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Question about mingw/win32/openSUSE_Factory package building

    Quote Originally Posted by spatulasnout View Post
    I'm guessing they are perhaps built with Open Build Service, having found mingw packages listed here:

    https://build.opensuse.org/project/s...ws:mingw:win32

    My initial question would be: Am I on the right track at all so far? Are the mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory packages indeed built with OBS?
    Yes, all packages on download.opensuse.org are built with OBS.
    And that's the project that builds the packages from that link you posted before.

    If so, my next question would relate to the few packages I'm hoping to build that don't currently exist in ...mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/noarch/ -- particularly, clutter related packages.

    I had found older versions of said packages here:

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ingw32-clutter
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...32-clutter-gst
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...32-clutter-gtk

    They're for a fairly old clutter 1.6.x version, whereas the current stable release is 1.16.2. But just seeing them listed at all gives me hope that I'm not venturing into uncharted territory.

    Is it possible to request that packages such as these could be added to the mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory build? Or if not, should it be possible for me to build current versions of clutter for mingw/win32 via OBS, making use of the work already done by mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory which has built almost all of the required dependencies already?
    Well, those packages are disabled for all repositories, i.e. they are not built anymore. Why I don't know. Maybe they didn't compile anymore?
    You could request them to be enabled/updated by clicking on that "Report a bug" link on the project's page below the package description.

    Or branch the packages in your home repo and enable them/update them as needed. You can then even submit them back to the original project.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Question about mingw/win32/openSUSE_Factory package building

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Yes, all packages on download.opensuse.org are built with OBS.
    And that's the project that builds the packages from that link you posted before.
    Awesome.


    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, those packages are disabled for all repositories, i.e. they are not built anymore. Why I don't know. Maybe they didn't compile anymore?
    You could request them to be enabled/updated by clicking on that "Report a bug" link on the project's page below the package description.

    Or branch the packages in your home repo and enable them/update them as needed. You can then even submit them back to the original project.
    Further searching has revealed that up-to-date packages for clutter do appear to exist in the "openSUSE:Factory" project:

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...actory/clutter <- shows as version 1.16.2 which is the very latest stable
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...E:Factory/cogl
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ry/clutter-gst
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ry/clutter-gtk

    So from what I gather, these may still be being built for some platforms/architectures, just not mingw/win32.


    Well this is somewhat exciting. Off to learn more about OBS...

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Question about mingw/win32/openSUSE_Factory package building

    Quote Originally Posted by spatulasnout View Post
    Further searching has revealed that up-to-date packages for clutter do appear to exist in the "openSUSE:Factory" project:

    So from what I gather, these may still be being built for some platforms/architectures, just not mingw/win32.
    Of course. openSUSE:Factory is where the next openSUSE version is developed. So most of the time it has the latest packages of (nearly) everything.
    You shouldn't add that repo to your system though, else it would be switched to the unstable Factory, or even worse you could get a mixture of packages between your openSUSE version and Factory.
    Oh, and btw, you shouldn't add mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory to your system either, since that is intended for Factory. Use mingw:/win32/openSUSE_13.1 instead, or whatever openSUSE version you have installed. And that's the same for every other OBS repo.

    But even the current 13.1 contains a newer clutter, namely 1.16.0. And even 12.2 (the oldest version still supported) included 1.10.6 already.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •