Thread: In openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter, how view disk information (used/free space)?

Default In openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter, how view disk information (used/free space)?

In the old "My COmputer" there was a great graphical UI that showed how much space was free and used for each device (e.g. "/", "/home", usb sticks, etc). I am unable to find this in openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter. Where is this info?

Default Re: In openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter, how view disk information (used/freespace)?

On 2014-01-10 00:26, 6tr6tr wrote:
    >
    > In the old "My COmputer" there was a great graphical UI that showed how
    > much space was free and used for each device (e.g. "/", "/home", usb
    > sticks, etc). I am unable to find this in openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter.
    > Where is this info?

gnome-disks is very nice.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

Default Re: In openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter, how view disk information (used/free space)?

For anyone wondering, I found it (and it is a much worse user experience than previously. you have to work to get there and you have to view each individually):

Device Information -> Device Viewer - > Storage Drives -> Hard Disk Drive

Under that, it lists "sda", "sda1", etc. Click on each of those and it tells you.

This is an awful design choice. I can't even see which is "/home" or root until I click on it.

Default Re: In openSUSE 13.1's KInfoCenter, how view disk information (used/free space)?

A bit off topic (CLI) but this command might be useful:
    Code:
    df -h
    You can also find this information in KInfocentre > Device Information ...
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

You can still install that old "My Computer" thingy:
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kio_sysinfo

Then type "sysinfo:/" into the Alt+F2 dialog, Konqueror or dolphin.
    I'm not sure if that package creates an icon on the desktop automatically, maybe you would have to do that yourself if you want to have it. Just copy over /usr/share/applications/kde4/my_Computer.desktop to ~/Desktop:
    Code:
    cp /usr/share/applications/kde4/my_Computer.desktop ~/Desktop
    or use dolphin to do that.

You might try filelight.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMT View Post
    You might try filelight.
    Or kdf: