Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues mounting smb share at boot time using fstab with openSuse 13.1 (also experienced with 12.3)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Issues mounting smb share at boot time using fstab with openSuse 13.1 (also experienced with 12.

Quote Originally Posted by AltoHombreGordito View Post
    I apologize for coming so late to this party. Somewhere, I came across a simple solution to the problem of automounting a ReadyShare drive using OpenSuse. I wish I could remember where I found this solution so that I could credit the blogger. At the very least, I say thank you to him.

Here are the three steps I have used to Enable Automount of a ReadyShare Drive on several computers running OpenSuse13.2.

1. Mkdir /media/public

2. Edit /etc/fstab to add this line:
    //[routerIPaddress]/USB_Storage /media/public cifs guest 0 0

e.g., //192.168.1.1/USB_Storage /media/public cifs guest 0 0

3. sudo mount -a

I haven't installed Leap 42.1 on any of my computers, but I expect this method to work when I do.

Thanks @AltoHombreGordito.

In addition one can set the mount command (mount -a) to run at boot time using cron.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Default Re: Issues mounting smb share at boot time using fstab with openSuse 13.1 (also experienced with 12.

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Thanks @AltoHombreGordito.

In addition one can set the mount command (mount -a) to run at boot time using cron.
    True. However, in this case it is a one time CLI entry to mount the Readyshare drive at that time. Subsequently it automounts on boot, no cron required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12