Thread: openSUSE gets stuck when switching from TTY to GUI

Default openSUSE gets stuck when switching from TTY to GUI

When I use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to go to TTY, everything is fine. But when I use Ctrl+Alt+F7 to switch back, the GUI appears on the screen, and then everything is frozen. I will have to wait for something like 5 minutes until my computer gets back working. I have done nothing special in the TTY, and I am quite sure that my computer is idle during the frozen period. The problem is reproduced every time I switch from TTY to GUI. Does anyone has an idea what's the problem?
    I am using openSUSE 13.1 x86-64 KDE.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: openSUSE gets stuck when switching from TTY to GUI

The only thing I can contribute is that I have a 13.1 here that switches without a glitch.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Default Re: openSUSE gets stuck when switching from TTY to GUI

Quote Originally Posted by mcfloundinho View Post
    But when I use Ctrl+Alt+F7 to switch back, the GUI appears on the screen, and then everything is frozen.
    It usually works fine for me. However, on occasion, I have had problems though this is rare.

It was my impression that problems are related to the graphics driver and graphics card. I'm not sure, but I think when I had a problem it was with Intel graphics and the i915 driver, on a computer where I occasionally have freezes on brightness changes.

In any case, I suggest you say something about what graphics card you are using. Maybe someone with experience on that graphics card will respond.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha