Thread: Help! My monitor resolution is messed up.

Default Help! My monitor resolution is messed up.

While my computer was off, I unplugged the monitor's HDMI cable and plugged it into another computer. I then forgot it was unplugged and started up my openSUSE computer. When I plugged in the cable, it was missing the correct resolution of 1920x1080 and only allowed up to 1600x900. So I restarted and it now showed 1920x1080 but the image is too big for the monitor - the taskbar is off the screen and the titlebars of the windows are too far beyond the top of the screen!

How do I get this to properly match up to my monitor again?

Default Re: Help! My monitor resolution is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    While my computer was off, I unplugged the monitor's HDMI cable and plugged it into another computer. I then forgot it was unplugged and started up my openSUSE computer. When I plugged in the cable, it was missing the correct resolution of 1920x1080 and only allowed up to 1600x900. So I restarted and it now showed 1920x1080 but the image is too big for the monitor - the taskbar is off the screen and the titlebars of the windows are too far beyond the top of the screen!

How do I get this to properly match up to my monitor again?
    I solved the issue:

- on my monitor, I went into the input settings and changed it from "HDMI-AV" to "HDMI-PC".

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue.